• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great Villain Showdown: 3rd Round [Results Posted]

Dougal DeKree

First Post
1. Hannibal Lector
2. Darth Vader
3. Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes)
4. The Joker
5. Graf Orlock (Nosferatu)
6. Jack Torrence (The Shining)
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Wile E. Coyote
9. Strahd Von Zarovich (Ravenloft)
10. Mr. Burns
11. Sauron (Lord of the Rings)
12. Megatron
13. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
14. Khan Noonian Singh (Star Trek)
15. Lex Luthor
16. Gollum

#16 was really hard :\

Wombat

First Post
So much evil, so little time...

My choices are in Bold

1. Agent Smith (The Matrix) vs Hannibal Lector -- Hannibal, absolutely! come now... An errant program or one of the most intelligent, dapper, charming, and vile human beings to walk the earth?
2. Great Cthulhu vs Darth Vader -- Cthulhu, easy. I mean, Darth is just a misunderstood family man with a few anger issues to work out; Cthuhlu is the unfathomable and uncaring darkness between the stars, the ultimate sense of hopelessness, doom, and futility
3. Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes) vs Docter Octopus -- Moriarty. Simple. Spidey has many enemie; he can spare one. How many individuals even caught Holmes' attention?
4. The Joker vs Cigarette Smoking Man (X-Files) -- Oooh! Very tough one! Ummm... The Joker. CSM is nasty and vile, but he is not so much Evil as a block in Mulder's (and everyone else's) way; The Joker is clever, insane, nasty, and stylish!
5. Galactus vs Graf Orlock (Nosferatu) -- Orlock. Look, Galactus just feels a bit peckish for a planet now and again; Orlock revels in his eviltude!
6. Napoleon the Pig (Animal Farm) vs Jack Torrence (The Shining) -- **sigh** Neither one is a strong contender on this list. I go with Napoleon, as he terrorizes a much larger group.
7. John Doe (Se7en) vs Emperor Palpatine -- Like I said, Palpatine loses his deathstar to teddy bears and has ineffective lightning. The most evil thing he ever did is let JarJar live. John Doe, on the other hand, is evil that thinks it is good! Truly vile! :)
8. Wile E. Coyote vs Mr. Edward Hyde -- THIS is a contest?!? Wile is amusing and ineffective; Hyde is the evil that lurks inside the soul of even the purest of us! Hyde, hands down!
9. Lord Voldemort vs Strahd Von Zarovich (Ravenloft) -- Please. At least Rowling can write. He Who Must Not Be Named is far more evil!
10. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (James Bond) vs Mr. Burns -- Oooh! Classic confrontation! I love SMERSH and all like that, but in the end I give it to Mr. Burns -- he has a Robotic Richard Simmons!
11. Sauron (Lord of the Rings) vs Randall Flagg (The Stand) -- The Dark Lord Sauron wins over a Satan-wannabe anyday.
12. Dr. Fu Manchu vs Megatron -- Again, no contest. Fu Manchu is the ultimate and original spider in the middle of the web!
13. Pinhead (Hellraiser) vs Thoth-Amon (Conan Stories) -- Meh. Neither one really strikes me. I go with Pinhead, simply because he has cooler makeup...
14. The Master (Dr. Who) vs Khan Noonian Singh (Star Trek) -- ARGH! No fair! **sigh** I love Khan; he took on the Enterprise TWICE! But The Master takes on whole civilizations in many times and many places; The Master wins.
15. Lex Luthor vs Dracula -- Lex so WANTS to be Drac! Count Dracula, coolest, most iconic, vile & sexy monster going by a landslide.
16. Gollum vs Hal 9000 -- ??? Gollum is nasty and unpleasant, but ultimately ambiguous. HAL is trying to save humanity from itself, but kills people in the process. Of the two I'll go for Gollum, but not by much...

Aexalon

Explorer
1. Agent Smith (The Matrix)
2. Darth Vader
4. The Joker
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Mr. Edward Hyde
9. Strahd Von Zarovich (Ravenloft)
10. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (James Bond)
12. Dr. Fu Manchu
13. Thoth-Amon (Conan Stories)
15. Dracula
16. Hal 9000

Tiberius

Explorer
2. Darth Vader
4. Cigarette Smoking Man (X-Files)
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Wile E. Coyote
9. Lord Voldemort
10. Mr. Burns
12. Megatron
15. Dracula
16. Gollum

Vexed

First Post
2. Darth Vader
4. Cigarette Smoking Man (X-Files); please! Smoking man would have Joker figured out in two episode and use him like a pawn, having him think he was running things...Smoking man is the Devil! :]
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Wile E. Coyote; I don't see how you can keep a good coyote down...
9. Lord Voldemort
10. Mr. Burns
12. Megatron
14. Khan Noonian Singh (Star Trek); KHAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
15. Dracula
16. Gollum

Last edited:

Jai Kel

Lurker Extraordinaire
3rd Round

Hannibal Lector
Great Cthulhu
Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes)
Cigarette Smoking Man (X-Files)
Galactus
Napoleon the Pig (Animal Farm)
Emperor Palpatine
Wile E. Coyote
Strahd Von Zarovich (Ravenloft)
Ernst Stavro Blofeld (James Bond)
Sauron (Lord of the Rings)
Megatron
Thoth-Amon (Conan Stories)
The Master (Dr. Who)
Dracula
Hal 9000

Westgate Polks

First Post
It Gets Worser and Worser

3rd Round

2. Darth Vader
4. The Joker
5. Galactus
7. John Doe (Se7en)
8. Mr. Edward Hyde
9. Lord Voldemort
10. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (James Bond)
15. Lex Luthor
16. Hal 9000

Zweihänder

First Post
1. Hannibal Lector
2. Great Cthulhu
3. Professor James Moriarty
4. The Joker
5. Galactus
6. Napoleon the Pig
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Mr. Edward Hyde
9. Lord Voldemort
10. Ernst Stavro Blofeld
11. Sauron
12. Megatron
13. Pinhead
14. Khan Noonian Singh
15. Dracula
16. Hal 9000

DonTadow

First Post
Gomez said:
Here is the Sweet Sixteen of the Great Villain Showdown. Enjoy! A lot of tough ones this time!

3rd Round

1. Hannibal Lector
2. Darth Vader
4. The Joker
5. Galactus
6. Napoleon the Pig (Animal Farm)
7. John Doe (Se7en)
8. Mr. Edward Hyde
9. Lord Voldemort vs Strahd Von Zarovich (Ravenloft)
10. Mr. Burns
12. Megatron
13. Pinhead (Hellraiser)
15. Lex Luthor
16. Hal 9000

1.,6., 7. Hanibal, Napolean and John Doe meet my criteria for GREAT villians. They win at the end of the movie(s). How many of these villians up there can say they were the winners.
4. The Joker the easist matchup so far
8. Wile never gives up but man he never, ever has done a successful plan
10. For 17 years he has refused to learn his employees names and tormented the simpsons
15. Lex is my pick to win it all. How many of them can say my archnemsis is the strongest person in the world and I've beat him on more than one occasion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads