• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great Villain Showdown [5th Round Results Posted]

drothgery

First Post
1. Hannibal Lecter
2. Emperor Palpatine
3. Sauron (Lord of the Rings)
4. The Joker

-Darth Vader vs Emperor Palpatine. The Emperor was 100% Pure Manipulative Evil. Before the prequels, Vader might have had a shot at the big time (though I don't think redeemed villians should make the final four), but Episodes I-III cost Vader a massive amount of villian points.

-Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes) vs Sauron (Lord of the Rings). This one's mostly because I know LotR a lot better; my vision of Moriaty is largely shaped his appearances in ST:TNG holodeck episodes.

-The Joker vs Galactus. Same here, though in this case I'm comparing Jack Nicholson's Joker to a comic book villian I know little about.

Dakkareth

First Post
Damn, I missed a round :(.

Round Five:

1. Hannibal Lecter

2. Emperor Palpatine

4. The Joker[/QUOTE]

Axegrrl

First Post
1. Wile E. Coyote
No matter how often you kill him, he always comes back for more. Hannibal can only die once.

2. Emperor Palpatine
Consider how much Palpatine was able to do without anyone having a clue he was the Big Bad Evil Guy.

Moriarty was human. Sauron is a demi-god -- he's got powers far beyond the measly showing in LotR.

4. The Joker
Galacta-who?

Mad Hatter

First Post
Silver Surfer decided that he no longer wanted to be the Herald of Galactus so he told Galactus he quit (silly man didn't really understand the "lifelong" in lifelong contract). So Galactus said: "Fine leave," And then Galactus hid the Silver Surfer's home planet. The Silver Surfer is a hero by incidence. He's looking for his homeworld.

DonTadow

First Post
Gomez said:
Here is the 5th Round of the Great Villain Showdown. Only 8 Villains are left. Will Hannibal have Coyote for dinner? Will the apprentice defeat the master? Can the Napoleon of Crime defeat the Lord of the Ring? And is the Joke on Galactus?

Round Five:

1. Hannibal Lecter vs Wile E. Coyote

2. Darth Vader vs Emperor Palpatine

3. Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes) vs Sauron (Lord of the Rings)

4. The Joker vs Galactus

1. Hannibal-- Its been said but Hannibal at least gets to leave his task full
2. Darth Vader-
3. Sauron-
4. The JOker-

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Mad Hatter said:
Silver Surfer decided that he no longer wanted to be the Herald of Galactus so he told Galactus he quit (silly man didn't really understand the "lifelong" in lifelong contract). So Galactus said: "Fine leave," And then Galactus hid the Silver Surfer's home planet. The Silver Surfer is a hero by incidence. He's looking for his homeworld.

Surfer has returned to Zenn-La since then, though it may or may not currently be destroyed in the MU... it was, then it wasn't, Shalla-Bal was dead, then alive, then ???

I only vaguely recall the story of Galactus hiding Zenn-La, but the worst punishment he visited on the Surfer was that he stripped him of his ability to leave the Earth, and left the alien surfer trapped there for decades. The Surfer finally managed to free himself from his imprisonment, though.

Remove ads