• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Great Weapon Master vs. Hex/Hunter's Mark

Coroc

Hero
Colossus slayer is definetly the way to go for a ranger if he wants to compare with fighter for dpr.

What i still think some in this thread e.g. [MENTION=71699]vonklaude[/MENTION] did not understand in my previous Posts is the fact that there may be many situattions, especially when you have Monsters with high AC or no means to get a + for your attack (bless, precision) or you are at disadvantage because of some enemy action or whatever, then you just will NOT Switch on your -5/+10 ability because you get a heavy chance to just waste your attack with a miss.

Due to these cases being a bit dependant on your individual DM SS/GWM can be a vast disadvantage compared to e.g. some other Player who just took a prime stat increase and has maxed out earlyer, he would not be affected so much by e.g. disadvantage, so he would hit more often and do more damage, than a Player with the SS /GWM feat, who had to turn it off because of circumstances.

clearstream

(He, Him)
Colossus slayer is definetly the way to go for a ranger if he wants to compare with fighter for dpr.

What i still think some in this thread e.g. [MENTION=71699]vonklaude[/MENTION] did not understand in my previous Posts is the fact that there may be many situattions, especially when you have Monsters with high AC or no means to get a + for your attack (bless, precision) or you are at disadvantage because of some enemy action or whatever, then you just will NOT Switch on your -5/+10 ability because you get a heavy chance to just waste your attack with a miss.

Due to these cases being a bit dependant on your individual DM SS/GWM can be a vast disadvantage compared to e.g. some other Player who just took a prime stat increase and has maxed out earlyer, he would not be affected so much by e.g. disadvantage, so he would hit more often and do more damage, than a Player with the SS /GWM feat, who had to turn it off because of circumstances.
Agreed, but I think the way it plays out is - whatever damage you were doing before - having pretty constant advantage on your power-attack (from your companion's Help action) is going to increase that pretty markedly. More than CB I think.

Having advantage means your power-attack hits, and has a higher chance to critical.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads