• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greater Clairvoyance

Storme

First Post
Is there a more powerful version of Clairvoyance/Clairaudiance?

Scrying only allows monitoring of a person, not an area.

Storme

Whimsical

Explorer
It wouldn't be tough to make up.

Drop the casting time to a minute, then allow the ability to change the scry location once per round during the duration. In addition, allow magical and supernatural senses to work through it.

It would have to be higher than 4th level, because that is better than Arcane Eye.

I haven't noticed before that Clairaudience/Clairvoyance has a range of Long. So, the scry sensor needs to be within range AND on the same plane.

Storme

First Post
How's this?

Greater Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
Divination (Scrying)
Level: Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Special
Effect: Magical sensor
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell functions as Clairaudience/clairvoyance except that the range is unlimited and the targeted location must be on the same plane. As with Clairaudienc/clairvoyance the locale must be known—a place familiar to you or an obvious one. Once you have selected the locale, the sensor doesn’t move, but you can rotate it in all directions to view the area as desired. This spell allows the same spells to be cast through it as Greater Scrying does, and magically or supernaturally enhanced senses will work through it. Spell ranges for these spells or enhancements begin at the focal point of the spell. Example: Darkvision of 60' can function 60' from the focal point of the area viewed.

Arcane Focus
A small golden horn (for hearing) or a silver glass eye (for seeing) worth 25g.

Desginers Note: I based the spell level on Scry. Scry is level 4 and Greater Scry is level 7, so since Clairaud/Clairvoy is level 3, I made Greater Clairaudience/Clairvoyance three levels higher than the base spell. I also lowered the casting time in the same way Scry/Gr Scry does.

Does this look good?

Storme

First Post
How about this one!!

Limited Omniscience
Divination (Scrying)
Level: Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Special
Effect: Magical sensor
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell functions as Greater Clairaudience/clairvoyance except that once you have selected the locale, the sensor can move and rotate in any direction to view as desired. the sensor can move at up to 30 miles per hour (speed 300'). In addition, the effect can extend even onto other planes if the viewer is sufficiently familiar with them. This spell allows the same spells and effects to be cast through it as Greater Clairaudience/clairvoyance does.

Arcane Focus
A gem-stone eye worth 50g.

Last edited:

Remove ads