• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Greater Wounding 3.5

Derren

Hero
Has anyone noticed the Greater Wounding entry in the scan of a page of the conversion guide ?

As a +4 enchantment the weapon deals 2 Con damage with every hit.

Very strong if you ask me, maybe to strong?

At least I wouldn't want my players to have such a weapon. This forces you to use non-critable monsters when you want to challenge them.

[edit] I just have seen in the magic item thread that Wounding does 1 point Con damage.

What do you think about this change of (Greater) Wounding?

Last edited:

Destil

Explorer
With one of these you're dropping a creature's max HP by their number of HD with every hit. I'm not sure I'd allow this even as a +5. It scares me far more than Vorpal ever did, and I was very weary about thoes.

Do you change the max HP before or after you figure damage from the attack?

Well, at least everyone who feels two weapon fighting is underpowered may quiet down a bit. That's 16 con damage / round with two greater wounding weapons (with haste or one also being a weapon of speed), if you manage to land all your attacks. Well, as long as you have the full TWF chain of feats and a 16+ BAB. Not counting AoOs.

EDIT: Just noticed that the bonus was listed as +4.

EDIT Again: Don't make me break oput the shuriken if you want to see how... broken (*shudder*, had to use the 'b' word) this can get. I didn't even think of that at first, but unless the rules have changed then almost anything not immune to con damage is very very very dead if you can get in range to use this with enugh shuriken. Though expensive it could completly dominate epic levels [now core].

Last edited:

Remove ads