Greek-inspired Odyssey of the Dragonlords From ex-Bioware designers On Kickstarter

Odyssey of the Dragonlords, a Greek myth inspired D&D setting by ex-Bioware designers Jesse Sky and James Ohlen is now on Kickstarter. It's a 280-page book being co-published by Modiphius (who now officially publish all the RPGs ever written, I think!) and describes the world of Thylea.

Odyssey of the Dragonlords, a Greek myth inspired D&D setting by ex-Bioware designers Jesse Sky and James Ohlen is now on Kickstarter. It's a 280-page book being co-published by Modiphius (who now officially publish all the RPGs ever written, I think!) and describes the world of Thylea.

Players Guide.jpg

You can already download a copy of the Player's Guide. "The booklet contains everything you need to get started as a hero within the world including a brief overview of the world of Thylea, new character backstories, rules for the new Centaur and Satyr races and epic paths for your heroes. This revised edition includes two more martial archetypes as well as updated rules based on your feedback for the Satyr and Centaur races available within the booklet."

And there's a short story called Dragon's Wager, by Drew Karpyshyn, which gives you a look at the setting's flavour.

Odyssey Landscape.jpg

"At the dawn of time, a war between the gods and Titans left the world of Thylea forever changed. Thousands of years later, the first mortals arrived, carried by ship and dragon. The Dragonlords were the champions who overthrew the Titans 500 years ago and forged the Oath of Peace. But the power of the Oath has waned, and now the Titans seek vengeance. You are one of the heroes called by prophecy to end the conflict once and for all. Poets will sing of your deeds for centuries to come... if you survive."

Arcanum's World is the publisher created by ex-BioWare lead designers James Ohlen and Jesse Sky (Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age: Origins, Baldurs Gate I & II, Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: The Old Republic) and Drew Karpyshyn, BioWare senior writer on Mass Effect I & II and Knights of the Old Republic.

Odyssey Titan.jpg

Find it on Kickstarter here.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm sad because "current bioware designer" wouldn't inspire the same thoughts of quality RPG work that "ex-bioware designer" does.

Oh yes I'm excited to see what they will do in the TRPG space, but I'd love a NWN 3, KOTOR 3, or new RPG made by people who make brilliant work.

Try this thread instead then:

New WotC Video Game Studio Headed By James Ohlen
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=658846

gyor

Legend
I backed it. I have become a stupid kickstarter addict this month. I backed Odyssey of the Dragonlords, Arcana of the Ancients, Contagion Chronicles, Vox Machina Cartoon, and Subverse which is an X-Rated Shoot'm Up/Tactical RPG by the legendary FOW studios. I credit card hates me now.

NO KICKSTARTERS IN MAY! for me. Unless it's a Forgotten Realms or Hellenistika kickstarter which is extremely unlikely for May.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyor

Legend
I'm sad because "current bioware designer" wouldn't inspire the same thoughts of quality RPG work that "ex-bioware designer" does.

Oh yes I'm excited to see what they will do in the TRPG space, but I'd love a NWN 3, KOTOR 3, or new RPG made by people who make brilliant work.

I'd like a FR game for a region other then the Swordcoast.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Bump to note that they're on the final five days of this Kickstarter. The stretch goal they just unlocked looks nifty--an Atlantis-type sunken city supplement.

gyor

Legend
They’ve hit $300k and are going to put all their stretch goals in the physical books, which is awesome!

They are past that now, and are only a few thousand away from $315,000USD. $10,000 more to get the last two current stretch goals. I think there is a good chance of achieving this before the two day bump.

Remove ads

Remove ads