• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous: any fans?

LoneWolf23

First Post
I've done some mental tinkering about that. I basically used the BotR mythology as the basis, only using 4e cosmology, with the Elemental Chaos and Astral Sea and such.

The Nameless One seperates the void into those two planes, then in between them creates the foundations of the World, which he then fills with Earth, Water and Air. He then creates Kador the Fire and so on...

Some other ideas:
-The Mightiest of the Divs become the Primordials, and rebel against the gods. They get defeated and chased into the Elemental Chaos. They spend some time creating Titans and Giants and Elemental Archons, and try invading Creation again, only to get beaten again.

-The Shard that creates the Abyss is the collected Corpus Infernus of the gods, cast into the Elemental Chaos.

BotR also gives advice on how to alter the offered mythos to fit one's campaigns, simply by using the offered churches as fill-ins for existing deities. So one could replace, say Tinel with Ioun, and keep the same church and mythology easily enough (although the gender change would alter the relationship with Zhenkeef, unless one suggests that gender is more a vague notion to shapeshifting gods then a strict rule.)

haus48

Explorer
I agree about the quality of this book. I only own double copies of two RPG books. One is BotR and the other is Midnight 2nd edition.

garyh

First Post
I picked BotR up in one of Paizo or GR's recent 3.x sales and haven't really looked at it yet. This thread has reminded me I need to get on that (and Testament, and the other things I picked up in the 3.x sales).

Baron Opal

First Post
It is truly exceptional. Not only has it been a useful inspiration as well as a good read on its own, but it provides a great template for homebrew religions. It shows you the questions to ask when designing your own pantheon.

kobold

First Post
Aftr reading this thread- I may have to go find my copy a try and read it again to see what I missed.
When I bought it I couldn't get past the first few pages on several attempts, and skimming round looking for the good parts didn't help. I really disliked this book.
Love the idea, it's whats been missing from just about every fantasy RPG other then Runequest since the begining, just not this book.

Treebore

First Post
Aftr reading this thread- I may have to go find my copy a try and read it again to see what I missed.
When I bought it I couldn't get past the first few pages on several attempts, and skimming round looking for the good parts didn't help. I really disliked this book.
Love the idea, it's whats been missing from just about every fantasy RPG other then Runequest since the begining, just not this book.

Well, it may just be the writing simply doesn't appeal to you. I mean, people tell me how much they love G. R. R. Martin's Fire and Ice, Lord of the Rings, etc... and I don't love them, or even like them very much.

I do think the LotR movies are all kinds of awesome, though.

So it could simply be your tastes aren't the same as those of us who have posted about how much we like it.

Remove ads