• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greerson's Glory - 3 years later

BSF

Explorer
Howdy everyone!

OK, here is the deal. Sage will be out of town for a couple of weeks at the end of the month, which gives us an opportunity to take some time off, or to do something else. I know we decided to skip the 21st last night, but Melinda and I have another idea.

Gwen found out that Silas would like to take out one of the Green Dragons in the forest. So, the two of them will be heading out to hunt down a Green Dragon. We aren't talking about a wimpy Green either. Probably one of the important Council members. Anyway, if anybody that stayed up in Ft. Greerson at the end of the last game wants to join in the hunt, you are invited.

Details
This little jaunt will be taking place roughly 3 years after the end of the campaign.

I need to know if you are interested ASAP. The sooner, the better. Definitely by next Friday so you have time to work on the PC's.

The only PC's allowed will be the ones that were staying at Ft. Greerson.

Only 1 PC per player.

If you don't have a PC in the area, I will set you up with one of the notable NPC's, or somebody's spare PC.

We will still be using 3.0 rules for spells/feats/etc.

After the battle, things were relatively quiet for a while. Still, rebuilding a city and stabilizing a nation is hard work. Between the battle and the intervening time, you will be able to advance 3 levels.

If you are looking at any new PrC's, non-core spells, non-core feats, etc, you need to OK that with me ahead of time.

I will need a final copy of your character by May 19. If I don't have one, you don't play, period.

OK, I will consider guest players for this little excursion. But, if I don't know the person, I will need to meet them ahead of time. Hey, does anyone know if Peter is coming back to town? Maybe he would like to join in? Danielle, if you want to play, that's cool. I can definitely get a PC for you to play.

This is a two session adventure. If you don't finish, tough. You will be taking on a tough dragon, so it could be that you get finished. Either way, it will be a piece of history.

Oh, 2 sessions = May 21 & May 28.
Any other questions? Let me know.

Last edited:

Kultar

First Post
Done and Done. Atomos would like to give it a go. Anyone that wants to use Thorg is more then welcome to

EDIT: Dad says that Dervon would be in and out of town over the years and would be willing to accompany the group.

Last edited:

injuredwyvern

First Post
Falon is there too. Count me in. Klaw would also be available in case someone needs him.

Falon may continue with the Dragon Disciple prestige class and Klaw may continue with the Order of the Bow. I would assume this is okay, but just FYI. Let me know otherwise.

As far as Peter goes, I think he was coming back for the summer, he may even be back already. On a similar note, I found out the other day that David will be moving back here and going to UNM.

Macbeth

First Post
Wow! it's great that things work out so well: you guys can run some stuff with your older chaarcters, and Li doesn't miss out! Awesome! Obviously I won't be playing, but I will be back by June 4th, and I should be around every Friday until July 30th, then I'll be gone for 2 weeks, and I should be back on August 20th. Have fun!

I guess that I will have to use Trigolar since Ardel had decided to go with stupid Aaron on his quest. Are we going to have the same gear that we ended with in the last campaign?

Kultar

First Post
And on a note similar to Brians are we allowed to have created any items since then as i know atomos would be looking to have created many things since then.

BSF

Explorer
As it stands, your default is to use what is already there. This is why I want to have a copy of everyone's character ASAP. If there is any room to get new/additional equipment, then I need to have time to figure out what your "budget" is so you can update as appropriate.

Item creation is allowed, but please note that using exp that way will pretty much blow your 3 level advancement. Though, unless you build a lot of stuff, you probably won't dip into your exp total so far that you won't advance at least 2 levels. Also, anything that is a custom item needs to be OK'd by me. The item creation rules are decent, but there are some things that end up being mis-priced. As well, there are ways to mis-create an item if you aren't paying attention to all the detail.

The key though, is that I need a copy of everyone's character with all abilities & equipment. Figuring out what you could/should have for equipment value is going to take time. Then, figuring out what might be available to you will take even more time. I am going to work on these on a first-come-first-served basis, as I have time. If you wait too long to send me everything, and you don't have time to get equipment, then that will be unfortunate.

BSF

Explorer
OK, so far I have an interest for Gwen and Silas, Falon, Trigolar, Atomos and Dervon. I have character sheets for Silas (obviously), we are working through Gwen's, and I have Falon and Trigolar. I just need to compute values for equipment for Falon and Trigolar. Falon, in particular, has quite an extensive list of gems. :) Fortunately, he has already totaled the value of those gems for me, so it is easier to add up. Actually, my biggest stumbling block is dealing with the one-off items I created for some of you. Things that I thought would sound cool without any regard for their value. My bad.

Falon and Trigolar, I will try to have your wealth figured out by Friday evening so you can start looking for equipment to pad your characters out with.

BSF

Explorer
OK, it looks like Peter might be interested in joining us. That might be fun.

Equipment - There are a few considerations when you start shopping for more equipment. Remember, not everything is available.

- Anything that grants inherent bonuses to stats is a no-no. You need Wishes to make things like that. As you know, there are very few people capable of 9th level magic. So, not Tomes or Manuals are available.

- Anything geared specifically toward hurting dragons isn't available either. You guys didn't go down that storyline, though you could have.

- Items made from special materials may, or may not, be available.

- Upgrading of items is possible, if you know somebody that can do it, or can do it yourself.

- If you want to sell something off that you already have, you get a base 50% value for it. -5% for every point of Cha below 10, +1% for every point of Cha above 10.

- If you want a non-DMG item, you will need to email me with details. Many 3rd party books have terrible balance issues with magic item pricing, so I need to doublecheck them. Even if they are available, they might be much more expensive. Even modifying an existing item might be a lot more expensive than you anticipate.

- Keep in mind that I am a sucker for a story. If you can weave a story around some of the items you think you want, I am more likely to approve it. Though, badly conceived rationalizations don't really count as a story.

More questions?

BSF

Explorer
So far, I don't have any completed characters. Remember that I need them by Wednesday night.

Just to be clear, I need your complete Character by Wednesday night. If I don't have it, you are free to watch the adventure, but you won't be playing.

By complete, I mean every little bit of equipment you own, every spell you know, every copper piece you have left, updated Saving throws/BAB/etc. I will not be working on approving anything on Thursday or Friday as I will be devoting that time to adventure prep. Once we begin rolling on Friday, you might have an opportunity to pick up any remaining mundane equipment that you forgot, but that will depend on how much time you want to waste on shopping and then updating my copy of your character sheets.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads