• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Greyhawk setting material

Parmandur

Book-Friend
We="grodog, post: 7797051, member: 1613"]
There are a lot of areas that remain untouched in Greyhawk canon that could be developed fresh of course (and I'd prefer to see new material published* vs. the continuous rehashing of stuff I already own), but in terms of reprints and/or collections specifically, I'm most-interested in:

• PaizoHawk: Age of Worms and Maure Castle
  • Ivid the Undying's Great Kingdom, perhaps combined with RJK's Maze of Zayene modules/materials and his version of Rauxes (from Fate of Istus)
  • Some of the materials from Living Greyhawk were very good, including Erik Mona's "Absolute Power" series ("River of Blood" and "As He Lay Dying" and the sequels he never wrote, of course!)
  • the drowic underworld done right!

However, Castle Greyhawk in its original and expanded incarnations of course still tops my list! =)

Allan.

* including, in no particular order:
  • The Rift Canyon and Bandit Kingdoms
  • The Isles of Woe
  • The Sea of Dust
  • The Land of Black Ice
  • 20,000 Leagues Below The Nyr Dyv
  • The Wild Coast and Pomarj - failed states in fading glory
  • historical Greyhawk adventures (perhaps a la Arcane Age for FR if I'm remembering those titles accurately): prior to the Rain of Colorless Fire, during Vecna's or Iggwilv's reigns, etc.
  • Greyhawk-related planar adventures/settings are also a deeply-untapped well....

The rehashes work for me, because I don't own them: neither do most of the target audience even younger than I am (Gygax was ousted from TSR veru shortly before I was born). I get what you are saying, though: but it seems a great "in" for the setting in a new generation.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ironically that's why people would probably want an update of 1983 boxed set maybe fleshed out a bit.

Logistics alone make updating all the meta plot.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
With G series already done, I would love to see the D series, followed by Q. That all being said, T series and the A series would be awesome as prequels. What can I say, I loved them. I ran them all in 1st edition. One hell of a campaign it would be.

So, what you're saying is that you'd be happy with some T&A? ;)

I'd love to see ToEE redone like CoS, exapanded with notes from the the old Greyhawk Crew.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
The rehashes work for me, because I don't own them: neither do most of the target audience even younger than I am (Gygax was ousted from TSR veru shortly before I was born). I get what you are saying, though: but it seems a great "in" for the setting in a new generation.

Aw, you're a youngun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads