• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grim & Gritty House Rules

the_bruiser

First Post
Are Ken Hood's G&G rules open content? Either way, would it be legal / appropriate for me to put my campaign's version up for discussion? If so, would anyone be interested in seeing them?

Our basic modifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) 30 life points rather than 15.
2) Some 'smoothing' of size modifiers.
3) Slight streamlining of critical effects.
4) Two pages of 'overview' reference pages to help teach my players.
5) Slight changes/clarification to healing rules.

SSquirrel

Explorer
I believe that Ken has the full OGC compliancy blurb at the end of the Revised GnG (indeed the originals too) . I would imagine that you could thus utilize all the rules, include the OGC bit from the end and note your specific changes from his upfront. Would make sense to me.

Hagen

Ogc..

THe entire revised rules are open content.. I would be interesting in seeing your modifications as they seem similar in kind to mine.

The biggest change I made was to double the number of categories..BUT, similar to the CP2020 rules that I love so much, once you reach 'Dying', now called 'Mortal', you start making a save to stay awake/operable. Technically a raging barbarian could continue fighting until the very last point. This gives a bit of latitude in the arena of saving a life after combat, and allows for herioc 'deaths door' combats.

Me said:
At the start of your action, if you have taken any injury in the last round and are at ‘Mortal’, you must roll either a FORT or WILL save against a DC equal to the number of total points you have lost. Failure results in taking 1D6+19 points of non-lethal damage. You also start ‘bleeding’, losing 1 point of lethal damage per round until you either stabilize (% roll of CON score or less) or die.

Undead and Constructs do not need to make this save and are immune to 'Bleeding'. Which makes them pretty nasty opponents.

I am interesting in your changes to the critical hits, that is an area I am not sure of.

the_bruiser

First Post
Primitive Screwhead said:
THe entire revised rules are open content.. I would be interesting in seeing your modifications as they seem similar in kind to mine.

Okay, here they are. If anybody needs them in a different format, I can PDF them or something. I'd *love* to get some dialogue going with anybody who has thought about these in detail, especially if you've used them in your campaigns.

Also, I've done some analytical work on the net effect of applying [my version of] the G&G rules to different weapon styles (i.e., does two-weapon fighting still blow under G&G, is it now 'too good', stuff like that), if anybody cares about that.

Attachments

• Grim Rules.doc
    180 KB · Views: 66

Remove ads