Grim Hollow Campaign Guide - 3rd Party Review

Sparky McDibben

Adventurer
Honestly, of the two books, I say the Player's Guide is the better of the two. The campaign guide feels more like a "prototype" at times with a number of stuff. At least in the Player's Guide you get like the full weapons table, the unique races to the setting, and stuff. Although, the Campaign Guide DOES win out in regard to the fact that the full Transformation rules/tiers are in it as well along with the section for the various Curses that can be used.
Well that's a damn good marketing strategy! :) You're correct about the CG feeling like a prototype, too; that's a better way of phrasing some of my issues. Alright, you all have convinced me to take a run at the Player's Guide when I'm done with my next three!

Weiley31

Legend
Well that's a damn good marketing strategy! :) You're correct about the CG feeling like a prototype, too; that's a better way of phrasing some of my issues. Alright, you all have convinced me to take a run at the Player's Guide when I'm done with my next three!
The neat thing bout the Player's Guide is that not only do they introduce an additional boon for the previous transformations, but it also has its own exclusive Transformations: Fey, Primordial, and Specter.

Also, on their website in one of the blog posts you get the Hag Transformation too! (unfortunately, its ONLY Grim Hollow's hag types so you'd have to house rule other hag types like the Night Hag and what not).

Remove ads