[GRIM TALES] Wulf Ratbane's SLAVELORDS of CYDONIA

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Fenris said:
Obviously Vert'jaal wasn't in the mood to chat much.

Hey now, he replied-- there must be two participants to a conversation.

Haskins struck up a conversation with one of the Authority warrior. "My fellow warriors, having served in the gladiator arena, I have seen many of your weapons, but none are as worthy as those carried by the mighty Bru, and of those none so distinguished as those of the Authority. Would you show an old soldier these weapons of distinction you carry?"

I will again let Wulf roll for any Dip check as IC still doesn't like me.

No worries, Joshua's Dip check precedes you.

Vert'jaal nodded ever-so-slightly to the warrior, who proceded to show Haskins the basic workings of his rifle-- though without relinquising control of the weapon. "Load here," he said, removing and replacing the power crystal. "Aim, and press here."

This much Haskins already knew-- they'd used some simple crystal weapons in the arena. But those were "sport rifles," as far as Haskins was concerned-- he wanted to know more about military weapons. Still, the operation seemed pretty simple-- Haskins was certain that any of them could do it. In many ways they were simpler than their own gunpowder weapons-- in operation, at least, if not in manufacture.

Remove ads