• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grindhouse

DonTadow

First Post
The numbers don't look promising for a sequel. Only 11 million. I really expected a bigger crowd for this movie. I noticed that my theater, a mid afternoon matinée, was only a quarter full of people.

I hope Tarintino and Rodriguez are rebels enough to make another movie regardless of how much it makes

Insight

Adventurer
DonTadow said:
The numbers don't look promising for a sequel. Only 11 million. I really expected a bigger crowd for this movie. I noticed that my theater, a mid afternoon matinée, was only a quarter full of people.

I hope Tarintino and Rodriguez are rebels enough to make another movie regardless of how much it makes

Don't read too much into the opening weekend's numbers. Easter weekend is historically bad for these types of movies. People are at home with their families, doing church-related things, etc., and generally don't attend movies like this. Expect much better numbers next weekend, as word of mouth about this awesome movie sends people back to the theaters.

oh... and

MACHETE

Gunslinger

First Post
I loved Planet Terror, it was pure adrenaline fueled fun. Planet Terror...not so much (I didn't care for the ending, I like to root for the bad guys most of the time).

Gunslinger said:
I loved Planet Terror, it was pure adrenaline fueled fun. Planet Terror...not so much (I didn't care for the ending, I like to root for the bad guys most of the time).

Yes, but what did you think about Planet Terror?

:D

DonTadow

First Post
Hey, I liked machete, but i really want to see Thanksgiving. I'd be interested to see an ole fashion slasher without so many special effects

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Insight said:
Don't read too much into the opening weekend's numbers. Easter weekend is historically bad for these types of movies. People are at home with their families, doing church-related things, etc., and generally don't attend movies like this. Expect much better numbers next weekend, as word of mouth about this awesome movie sends people back to the theaters.

oh... and

MACHETE

It was not Easter's fault. That was never the audience for this film anyway. It was a big weekend for movies, just not this particular movie. This movie ranked FOURTH. I mean, it ranked below the Ice Cube remake of a remake, "Are We Done Yet?", for goodness sake!

Actually, the odds are better than it will be yanked before next weekend. The producer is talking about pulling the film due to the horrible numbers, adding back in deleted scenes, and releasing both films separately.

The numbers are not going to go up on the second weekend. The sound bite "Grindhouse Tanks and the Box Office" is enough to scare away an awful lot of people who were iffy on seeing it to begin with, and is far more influencial than word of mouth.

Last edited:

Remove ads