Groovy! Eden to do Army of Darkness RPG!!!

rounser

First Post
IF you have the D&D books and the D20 Modern book, couldn't you make your own AoD game?
Probably, but sometimes it's nice to have rules which specifically encourage and reinforce setting and gameplay themes. It's possible to do that with d20 I guess...look at Cthulhu...but it'd involve work.

Last edited:

CCamfield

First Post
And what's interesting is, from something I read posted by George V of Eden, is that it's not going to be limited to one time period. I guess they have some license to extrapolate, because apparently one environment/time period in which to adventure could be the future world that Ash ends up in when (in the original ending of Army of Darkness) he oversleeps and misses the present day. So it could have medieval, modern, and post-apocalyptic [did I spell that right?] periods to it.

rounser said:
AoD was all about the one-liners, in a similar fashion to which James Bond movies are all about 007 making bad puns/bad innuendos after destroying/seducing something.

Not sure how well this'll translate to the gaming table...

You haven't played Spycraft
:D :D :D

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
What I thought was good about Buffy is that ir was a setting book with RPG elements. If they do the same with Army of Darkness, building the mythos and adding the game elements into it, could be a very good game.

dave_o

Explorer
I'm pretty obsessed with the Evil Dead series. (Met Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Greg Nicatero, etc. numerous times, seem the movies entirely too many times) Thus. I am...

INCREDIBLY STOKED ABOUT THIS! :D

It can rock very easily. I mean, there's a good amount of stuff just in AoD, when you add in Evil Dead I and II, and various other little setting bits Raimi added to scripts, it'll be pretty rich.

Mmm. Army of Darkness.

Crypt King

First Post
There was never an RPG, only mini's, as well as Lawnmower Man and Bram Stokers Dracula. The game can pull from the deadite mythology, basically people interacting with the deadites, which are based on Lovecraftian Lore which is Open Source. It's just a variation of All Flesh, it should have no problem as a game.
aodrpgbanner1.jpg

AoD Game Page

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I would think the Evil Dead: Swallow This would be enough to satisfy demand on this issue. It's pretty good...and it's free!

Remove ads