• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Group Goals

Kultar

First Post
With all this talk of setting up a way to govern the group and a constitution to regulate that governing what goals does the group wish to accomplish. I am here for this fact finding mission as to the power and strength of the Gnolls. After that the group will have to evaluate if they wish for me to contenue with them and I will have to do the same. Though it is of interest to me to find out why you are named the Seekers of Legend, what your short and long term goals are. In fact I shall start so as to break the proverbial ice and then the speaker for the group can tell me what the group stands for. If you have one that is.

My short term goals are to discover the strength of the gnolls and to kill a few while I am here. It is also to help any in need along the way in any manner that I can.

My long term goals are to find a way to avenge my mothers death and possibly to find a way to bring her back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tormal

First Post
Tormal smirks slightly as Tyrm speaks of the groups name and then nods in agreement to his personal goals. When Tyrm is done he will quietly whisper to him "I may not be the group speaker but I can give you idea as to what the group name means. For me it's two fold. First, we are currently on a mission to make our selves legends...as odd as that may seem." He stops a moment looking up at the sky. He slowly points upwards and smiles " We do not want to offend the lady. Therefore, we seek legend! Secondly, it has a personal meaning to me. I realized this a short time after we adopted it. As you may or may not know, depending on how much you have spoken to everyone else, " he points around " my greatest mission is to locate the lost tomes and scrolls which make up Gobadan's Secrets. To me, and most everyone else out there " he quites his voice even more "those tomes are legends!" He winks at Tyrm.

He stands tall once again to speak to everyone that is present.

"But! It remains to be seen whether or not my fellow companions will ever assist me with my endevors. It could be that is something that is meant for me, and only me. In any case... that's my insight to the meaning of our name."

BSF

Explorer
Goals are a wonderful thing. They give the PCs something to strive for. They also give me ideas on what kind of opportunities I can offer you in the game. Finally, they are worth experience when you achieve them. If you have new personal goals, please update your [CAG] threads. :) For group goals, the majority of the group must agree on the goal.

You also need specific goals.
Get information on the gnolls is vague and not really a goal
"Discover the strength of the gnolls" is better.
Learn approximate troop numbers and composition, as well as any special units the Gnolls have is a concrete goal with measurable results.

Just a couple of things to think about.

Kultar

First Post
Oceas reply to Tyrm

Oceas replies to Tyrm request for information. " We chose our name in part because we felt that it would give us an identity other than "those murderers" or "those outsiders" that would enable us to serve the needs of the land without stigma and we feel that with the great but as yet undeveloped potential that is within our group that many great deeds can be accomplished. Eventually we may indeed become legends and so the name somewhat compels us to strive greatly for that which we seek. In the short term I think we can agree that we are to survive each night, find the gnolls and assess their threat to the lands of Greerson and to take action if it is feasible and to report back immediately if it is too much for us to handle so that an adequate response can be formed by Greersons defenders. In the middle term it is to accept any other adventures at our whim and pursue them to a hopeful successful conclusion as well. In the long term it is to achieve success and a little fame and glory along the way. Each of us has personal reasons for being here and for continuing to adventure as well. I have been sent by my church as an emissary to those outside our organization as a representative of Xanthos. Any who wish to know about him and follow him can ask and I will gladly instruct them in his power and wisdom so that they may become worthy followers. I also seek answers to my personal past which has been forgotten.Whether it is good or bad I do not know. I can only live for what I do now and let these works define who I am. As a follower of Xanthos, I am required by my church to gather information and knowledge as we believe those to be important roads to power and strength. If anyone else wishes to share their story or if any see differently than me, let them speak their hearts now if they so choose".

Macbeth

First Post
"Well spoken, Tormal and Oceas. I agree wholeheartedly. Your expression of the Seeker's goals is excellent."

"As for our immediate goal, it is indeed to asses the strength and location of the gnoll forces, but more then that, I feel that my personal goal is to match wits, and possibly strength, with the gnoll leader. From what I gather, the gnoll leader is on the same road as us, the road to legend. I believe that he already has some of the Lady's favor, and I wish to test my skill, my prowess, and my own favor with the lady against him."

"Now, that does not nessecarily mean I want to go directly into combat with him, though that is an option. Truely, I want to thwart his plans, to make my own favor with the Lady, and the Seeker's legend as a whole, grow."

Kultar

First Post
This is Ayla:

After a few moments of silence (and careful thought in Ayla's part) she will turn to kinda of address everyone at the same time, "After many months of consideration, I have fiannly decided that I would greatly like to become an accomplished ranger, whether that makes me famous or not matters not to me. As for short term goals, I am looking into the ability of making arrows for my bow among a few other things that are of no matter. I started off with this group because I had no where else to go, but my motives have recently changed, now I have come to know my companions and their ways. I have seen their desire to help people and that has come to rub off onto me. I am interested in finding out about the gnolls and report back to greerson with what we have found out and see what we can do to help."

After a quick thought she decides not to say anything else and sits back down to see what happens next

Remove ads