• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Group seeking Storyteller for Vampire: the Masquerade game

Mephit James

First Post
So I'm new to the site, and realize that it's primarily a d20 crowd here. Don't get me wrong, I really like the d20 system and have been running one game or another for a while now... but I'm ready for a change. Specifically I just got a hold of some hand-me-down Vampire sourcebooks and I'm really excited at the prospect of playing a game, but I don't have a home area group that's on board.
That's where you guys come in. I would love to start up a PbP game, but I'm not confident enough in my Storytelling abilities for this system (i.e. I only played one campaign before and it was rather short-lived). Plus, I've been DMing various games for a year and a half now and would love to play in one... you know for old times' sake. So if anyone is willing to start up a Vampire game, I'm more than willing to be an active and regularly-posting player. Also, if anyone else out there is interested in playing in a game speak up! Maybe collectively we'll pressure someone else, or as a last case scenario I might be persuaded.

Last edited:

Lord Wyrm

First Post
If we can find a storyteller I'm game. My Vampire playing friends up and joined the army. :(

I've been hankering to be one of the leeches again.

Mephit James

First Post
(poorly hidden bump)

Well, looks like there's some interest at least! Rules are a concern, I guess, I think most returning players will have the Masquerade edition (which I'd prefer) and people wanting to start playing now won't be able to get that as easily as they can the Requiem. I guess we'll see who else is interested and then think about that sort of thing.

Fenrik

First Post
I would definately be interested in joining a Vampire: The Requiem game. I will consider running it, as I have the framework for a chronicle good to go, but I have yet to do all the actual work. I make no promises, but I'll see how fast I can whip up some sessions.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Whether its Requiem or Masquerade, you guys might have better luck over at the www.worldofdarkness.com boards. Most games here are d20 (not that non-d20 games can't be found).

If you're all interested in running a V:tR game on these boards, I would be most interested in playing. :) Just PM me or shoot an email to gjs_n_cr(at)hotmail.com.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hmm, you might be able to count me in if you'll be playing Masquerade. I played in one of the short-lived games on Enworld from a couple of years back. If I can get my stuff together I would certainly enjoy another shot.

Mephit James

First Post
Awesome! I'm glad there's at least some response even if no one has jumped into the Storyteller seat yet. I don't know Requiem that well, but it seems like there's less intrigue without the classic Camarilla-Sabbat conflict and without the really creepy clans like the Assamites, Tzimisce, and Setites. There is the concept of bloodlines, though, maybe the storyteller would be willing to have those clans be "subclans" of larger groups (Assamites= Mekhet, Tzimisce= Nosferatu?). Thanks for the responses, though, it's looking encouraging.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Eh, I think the problem is that White Wolf made the game TOO open and emphasized the social aspect of the game too much. There's no real 'bad-guy' for Requiem (I don't consider VII to be a bad guy as they're so secretive). Maybe saying there's no 'bad-guy' is inaccurate... EVERYONE is a 'bad-guy' so it comes off as kind of bland.

Werewolf: the Forsaken (WtF?) at least has the Pure & the various spirits.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads