• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Group seeking Storyteller for Vampire: the Masquerade game

Fenrik

First Post
There are plenty of bad guys in Requiem... more than I care to name! It all depends on what your Storyteller focuses on. You could play a chronicle in which you are a neonate trying to overthrow the despised aristocracy of the undead and unseat the elders from power. You could play a chronicle in which you are vampire of fell power and old age, slaying the lupines that plague your city and encroach on your domain. You could play a chronicle in which you are just an average vampire who stumbles upon more than he bargains for and enters the world of magic and mages. The possibilities are endless. And hey, I like it that way ;)

Mephit James

First Post
Except that you had all of those options in the old game as well, plus all of the internal conflicts of the vampires. The problem with focusing outwardly, in my opinion, is that one needs to buy other sourcebooks to make the game happen. If you want to be hunting Garou encroaching on your territory, you need WtF for the rules for lupines, and the same situation arises with mages. So the Storyteller in a purely Vampire game needs to invent internal storylines (such as overthrowing the elders) since there aren't a lot that are detailed in the sourcebooks.

Mephit James

First Post
Good call, I changed the title, but I'm going to be out of touch for a few days. Hopefully this will be going on when I get back! Thanks for expressing interest, guys.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads