• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Group Sidekick

I'm considering introducing a wise cracking sidekick for my group to interact with.

Introducing Austin, the cat sized telepathic scorpion with the devil-may-are attitude!

The mechanics would be similar to a beast companion, with Austin having no actions of his own, but any player being able to expend actions to have Austin utilise a power.

Austin, lvl 13 Familiar
Size: Tiny
Speed 6, swim 6
Ac: 27, fort 25, ref 27, will 25
Hit points 84 surges 2

Standard Actions
:bmelee: Pinch (at will)
Melle 1, one creature, +16 vs reflex, hit: Target is knocked prone.

Move Actions
Can't catch me! (Encounter)
Melle 1, one creature, +16 vs will, hit: Austin shifts 6 squares plling the target one square with each shift. miss: Austin shifts 6 squares.

Minor Actions
:close:Check out this claw stand! (encounter)
Close burst 1, targets enemies, +16 vs will, Hit: target grants combat advantage until the end of it's next turn.

:melle: Crawl all over you (encounter)
Melle 1, one creature, +16 vs reflex, hit: remove Austin from the battlefield. Target has a -2 penalty to attack rolls and grants combat advantage (save ends both). Aftereffect: return Austin to the battlefield in a square adjacent to the target.

str: 12 Dex 14 Wis 10
Con 12 Int 18 Cha 14

Love to hear feedback on both the mechanics and the concept - would having something like this annoy the hell out of you?

Remove ads