• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GRPR] Green Ronin Licenses the Black Company!

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
This is great news! I've only read the first 4 novels so I'll have to pick up the rest to read. Somehow I've got to save up the money to get this.

Chris, between you and NG it seems I might never get out of debt. ;)

deadboydex

Explorer
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*draws breath*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

!!!

I mean, um. That's cool. I'm down. Congratulations, GR.

Harlock

First Post
Chris,

Congratulations. This is great news and I was really hoping this was it. Having said that, there are only two more words needed to express my opinion about this license agreement:

WOO HOO!

Send my thanks to Mr. Cook.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I know at least two guys who haven't gamed in years who are going to run right out and pick this up when it hits the shelves.

Nellisir

Hero
YEAH!!

I am psyched!

I'm really curious as to how magic is handled in the Black Company universe. Seems like a big gap between Goblin and One-Eye, and the wizards of the Taken.

tensen

First Post
Well, this one is a definite must buy for me.
When can we pre-order? <grin>

Although I'm afraid most of my friends that are fans will want a copy... none will want to actually play in the setting... they'd expect to be killed.

I can see it now... 1st level characters and epic level characters in the same gaming group. At least that would keep it in perspective with the books.

Pramas

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
This is great news.

Will it be a single book or will there be support material?

Will it focus on the Black Company proper or the setting with information that ties into the origins of the Black Company as revealed in latter books?

Ah, anticipation...

The license is for one big book. However, if it is successful enough, we may be able to negotiate for follow-ups. It will cover both the setting and the company itself, pulling from all ten books of the series. Could the Glittering Stone be more perfect for gaming?

And for the record, we will be doing a new magic system to better match the novels.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
You know, if you include a map of the setting, you're going to get non-gamers buying this book just for that. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads