• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GSL update 6/12/08

Belen

Adventurer
Scott_Rouse said:
Again we are so close. We took on some late passengers and were in the final check list before take-off.

If this thing is ready on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday I am pushing it out live come hell or high water

Maybe you should stop giving deadlines to the community unless you know that you can meet them.

Seriously, the marketing process that Wizards has used since the dissolution of the magazines has been poor. I was a WOTC Delegate for 3e because I believed in the game and wanted to teach others how to play. Currently, I find it difficult to recommend Wizards to anyone.

Wizards is not the same company that I spent copious amounts of time pushing to the local game community.

You and Linae are nice people, but I have to wonder at the change in the corporate culture.

lurkinglidda

First Post
Belen said:
Maybe you should stop giving deadlines to the community unless you know that you can meet them.

Even though I believed it every time, I eventually got tired of saying, "The GSL is coming soon!" I think everyone got tired of hearing it as much as I tired of saying it. (remember how we referred to 4e as "cool" for so long? "soon" is my "cool") So we decided to start applying real timing.

annadobritt

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
Again we are so close. We took on some late passengers and were in the final check list before take-off.

If this thing is ready on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday I am pushing it out live come hell or high water

Really appreciate the update on this. Thanks!!

carmachu

Adventurer
You and Lin are nice people, but the reality is wake me when your actually ready. I'm so tired of hearing "soon".

Belen has it right: This has been very poor marketing from you(Wotc) for the release of 4e....

Ydars

Explorer
Scott and Linae; I am sorry your jobs are so thankless sometimes. If what we have heard from Orcus (Clark) is true, then we have you both to thank for any third party support for 4E at all, and that is no small thing.

I apologise if I have ever seemed rude to either of you in any of my posts; we are just so passionate about this game that sometimes we lose all perspective.

Ourph

First Post
lurkinglidda said:
Even though I believed it every time, I eventually got tired of saying, "The GSL is coming soon!" I think everyone got tired of hearing it as much as I tired of saying it. (remember how we referred to 4e as "cool" for so long? "soon" is my "cool") So we decided to start applying real timing.
Yes, it's always nicer when someone breaks a concrete promise, rather than a vague one. The angst is so much more satisfying that way. :D ;) Kidding!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads