• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guardians of Draconia

Gray Lensman

Explorer
This is what I have come up with for the party make of the draconic adventuring company.

Spellscale Bard 6
Half Gray Elf / Half Prismatic Dragon Sorcerer 4
Dragonborn Halfling Rogue 7
Dragonborn Human Paladin 7
Draconic Human Cleric 3/Sorcerer 3
Half Pixie / Half Fairy Dragon Ranged Fighter 4
Dragonwrought Kobold Ranger 7
Draconic Dwarf Melee Fighter 6

I think I got the racial levels right and they are all ECL 7.

??? I can use the dragonblood substitution levels with all of these can't I ???

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
This is what I have come up with for the party make of the draconic adventuring company.

Spellscale Bard 6
Dragonborn Halfling Rogue 7
Draconic Human Cleric 3/Sorcerer 3
Half Pixie / Half Fairy Dragon Ranged Fighter 4
Dragonwrought Kobold Ranger 7

I think I got the racial levels right and they are all ECL 7.

??? I can use the dragonblood substitution levels with all of these can't I ???
First is an ECL 6, spellscales don't have a level adjustment. Also the half dragon template is a level adjustment of 4 so pretty much everyone with this is higher especially the pixie which is actually about 12, 13 if you added the racial hit die. Also I don't know why you have a dragonwrought ranger for. I mean the mental stat bonuses and sorcerer spellcasting are great but doesn't really work with a ranger. As for the levels yes you can use them.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
First is an ECL 6, spellscales don't have a level adjustment.

I changed it to Spellscale and forgot to change the bard level to 7 :blush:

Also the half dragon template is a level adjustment of 4 so pretty much everyone with this is higher especially the pixie which is actually about 12, 13 if you added the racial hit die..

Using the Racial Levels it works out to an LA of 3 (I think I did it right).
And yeah, I forgot the Pixie Levels :blush:

Also I don't know why you have a dragonwrought ranger for. I mean the mental stat bonuses and sorcerer spellcasting are great but doesn't really work with a ranger. As for the levels yes you can use them.

Are you confusing the Kolbold Paragon Levels with the Dragonwrought Feat?

emoplato

First Post
No, I am not the dragonwrought feat gives +3 to all mental stats and automatically gives a level one sorcerer casting, but they have to be of venerable age and pay a couple of health points for the ritual. Also, as you are trying to achieve with your theme, he is considered to be a dragon(literally) for feats and other side features. It is a controversial feat because many can take that to mean taking actual dragon stuff such as the loredrake to give them two more spellcasting levels, though unless you really want to go hogwild powergaming (such as a stroll through the Draconomicon), a ranger won't really benefit much from this feat.
As for the template it actually is a level adjustment 4 but most people think it is too expensive anyway so having at as a 3 won't be that much of a stretch.

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
Okay, where are you getting that from, it sure as heck don't say that in Races of the Dragon.
The ritual is described in the Kobold section. Yes, many of the stuff you can do with this feat isn't in the Races of Dragon. Loredrake is from the Dragons of Eberron as well as many other dragon alternative stuff and well it could be argued with the half-dragon template he could take dragon prestige classes from Draconomicon.

Last edited:

Gray Lensman

Explorer
It took me a month to save up enough to get used copies of PHB3.5, ToB and Comp Scoundrel at the flee market.

I still don't see anything but the draconic rite of passage in the kodold section of RoD and it sure doesn't do what you say.

ANYWAY.....

Since I have to adjust everthing anyway I am just gonna drop the Kobold and the Pixie (I don't want to deal with the LA or RLs)

SO HEAR WE GO AGAIN.....

Spellscale Bard 7
Dragonborn Human Rogue 7
Spellscale Cleric 3 / Sorcerer 4
Half Halfling / Half Silver Dragon Ranged Fighter 4
Draconic Human Ranger 6

All the ECL's shoud be 7. Go ahead, shoot some more holes in it. It is an NPC Party so I have some lattitude, but I want to stay reasonably within the rules as well.

These Are the Books I have, Plus whatever I can glean from the web
PHB 3.5 (at last)
PHB II
MM
DMG
Comp Divine, Arcane, Adventurer, Warrior, Scoundrel
Eldritch Might I, II, III
Races of Destiny, Stone and Wild and Races of the Dragon
Savage Species
Epic Level handbook
Arms and Equipment Guide
Tome of battle

First Character I am gonna work on is the Gray Elf/Prismatic Dragon Sorcerer. Since the Dracs breath weapon is basically a prismatic spray
and I am gonna work the character towards Initiate of the Sevenfold Viel, it should REALLY be a thematic type of NPC.

Last edited:

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Half Gray Elf / Half Prismatc Dragon

Tylar (Shining Crystal) Hadrim (Freeflyer)
Female Half Gray Elf / Half Prismatic Dragon Sorcerer 4

AsRoll G.Elf H.Drag Lvl Bump Final
STR 10 -2 +8 0 16
DEX 13 +2 0 0 15
CON 14 -2 +2 0 14
INT 13 +2 +2 0 17
WIS 13 0 0 0 13
CHA 16 0 +2 +1 19

Feats
Lvl 1 Draconic Heritage (Prismatic) [free] Draconic Skin (+1 AC)
Lvl 3 Draconic Vigor (Heals 1 point per every lvl of spell casted)
Lv1 6 Draconic Power (+1 Caster Lvl)

Level Progression
ECL CastLvl Class Level
1 1 Sorcerer 1 (Draconic Racial 1)
2 1 2nd Draconic Racial
3 2 Sorcerer 2
4 3 Sorcerer 3 (CHA +1)
5 3 3rd Draconic Racial
6 4 4th Draconic Racial
7 5 Sorceror 4

Remove ads