• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guardsmith's True20 Freeport game -[Recruiting]

Karl Green

First Post
Edit... and bump :)

I really read you post there Guardsmith and yet I still thought you said you WANTED to use the Wealth system.

I am cool either way... so long as I can afford a few minor things (and somekind of book) I am cool with gold pieces, etc.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
i had a late service call so i did not get the paaaaychec cashed to day...i will look into getting it taken care of asap, though i haave a work related trip to jefferson city in the am tomarrow (sat.) so i seem to be set be hind this whole weekend! aaarrrrggghhhh!!!

Karl Green

First Post
I was a thinking for wealth... I think you could either - (A) give everyone the same starting amount of gold and use 3.5 to purchase stuff OR (B) do something like in the PHB, max gold for certian classes - Adapts would get what a wizard might [120gp], Experts would get what a bard might [160gp] and Warriors would get what a fighter might [200gp]

Now I did have a question... in Freeport they have simple firearms also. Are you going to allow them and how will you be writing them up :)

Sorry I am just interested ;) no pressure

Guardsmith

First Post
Karl Green said:
I was a thinking for wealth... I think you could either - (A) give everyone the same starting amount of gold and use 3.5 to purchase stuff OR (B) do something like in the PHB, max gold for certian classes - Adapts would get what a wizard might [120gp], Experts would get what a bard might [160gp] and Warriors would get what a fighter might [200gp]

This was my thinking, too; I was just trying to figure out which one I should use.

I've mulled it over for a bit. and I've decided to go with choice (B) with this breakdown:

Adepts get 120gp, Experts get 200gp and Warriors get 240gp

(BTW Karl, Scott was right, 3.5 Fighters get 240 starting gold)

Karl Green said:
Now I did have a question... in Freeport they have simple firearms also. Are you going to allow them and how will you be writing them up :)

I've thought about this too, and I think its easiest just not to have any firearms. Besides, the book lists them as optional anyway.

Karl, at first glance, your character looks OK. I'll get back to you when I've looked at it in more detail.

Also, I want to point out something. When thinking about your characters, don't worry to much about their name. I'm not huge on fantasy names, so it's OK to use a familiar one like Karl did.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ummm...guys...i seem to have extended my self a bit beyond my max limit of extrenious time...i would be wrong to try to join this game and i am going to have to drop out before i can start.

cheers and good luck!

special note: a shot of dewar's scotch followed by guenness is the perfect end to a lousy day.

Karl Green

First Post
Yes 240gp for fighters... d'oh... doing it from memory is NEVER a good thing... no firearms is cool I was just a wondering... so I will re-write up Marcus with 120gp with of stuff (I should still be able to afford what I want)

Guardsmith

First Post
Karl Green said:
bump... I will post a brief history soon... just soooo quite

Yeah, too quiet.

I'm going to send some PMs to see if people are still interested. If not, this campaign may be stillborn. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, don't spend too much time thinking about a background, as you may not get to use it.

Remove ads