Guelph, ON - LF 5e Group or Players

Jaelommiss

First Post
With the new year some of my current group is moving away, so my current campaign is likely coming to a close. I am looking for either a new group to play with (as either a player or DM), or for a few players willing to continue my existing campaign.

I live a few minutes north of Guelph and can drive to attend games. I'm 21 years old with less than a year of experience but I am eager to improve. I would prefer to stick with 5e, though would be willing to try out other systems.

My current campaign started as HotDQ before my players took it off the rails by stealing a pair of dragon eggs. They are currently fleeing from an angry black dragon that really, really wants her eggs back, though got sidetracked by a turf war between two young dragons. My players are combat oriented, though I prefer to emphasize roleplay (not that I'm any good at it) and exploring immersive environments. Below is a recap of our last session's final moments if anyone is interested.

[sblock]Tyrgarun's battered body fell from the cavern ceiling, blood pouring from the multiple open wounds. Thinking quickly, Theirastra wove a spell on the tumbling dragon, arresting her decent until she came to rest gently on the mound of coins.

Almost immediately after, the brass dragon's breath became increasingly erratic - a sure sign of her deteriorating health.
Ruben twirled an arrow in his fingers for a moment as he muttered an invocation. Along the shaft verdant runes appeared, and in a single fluid motion drew his bow and fired the glowing projectile at the blue dragon clawing at the sandy roof overhead. His aim was true, and fate guided his strike. Finding an impossible gap in the drake's impenetrable hide, the arrow sunk into the soft flesh and vanished from sight within the behemoth (Crit!).

Animated roots erupted from the giant's side, though were unable to find a surface to grasp onto and failed to snare Regiarix. But all was not lost, for the damage dealt by the blow was irreversible. A roar of pure agony was punctuated by the splattering of blood raining down on the sandy floor below. In desperation he clawed at the ceiling, trying with all his ailing might to maintain his hold in the rough surface.

Theirastra ran to the fallen dragon. Tyrgarun's wounds were fierce, but the bard's determination was fiercer. Calling upon her most desperate reserves of power she mended the most viscious of wounds and filled the gargantuan limbs with renewed strength.

Seeing his foe teetering on the edge of life, the druid Varis sang the hymn of the natural world, guiding the shaft of moonlight he had earlier summoned to a new location. The radiant pillar filled the rooftop passage, searing Regiarix's eyes and causing him to lose his precarious grip.
Down he fell to the chamber floor. With cavern shook as he impacted the floor next to Tyrgarun, coins and gems scattering. The heroes knew it was over, for his landing was punctuated with the sickening snap of his shattering spine.

A heavy silence fell over the chamber as they surveyed their situation. None dared to speak, none dared to move. Against all odds, they had done it. Succeeded where all others would fail. The cost had been heavy, death following their every footstep, but Regiarix, azure drake of these abysmal wastes, was defeated.

All names that appear to be copied from Red Hand of Doom are purely coincidental, and in no way did I steal them because I couldn't think up dragon names on my own.[/sblock]

Archade

Azer Paladin
I'm looking for players for a 5e game on Wednesdays at Forbes Hobbies in Cambridge. Would that work for you?

Remove ads