[GUIDE] Born to be Wild, a sorcerer guide.

mellored

Legend
Aside metamagic, don't you envision nothing more? (This is only a question, not an argument or judgment or something biased, only a question).
I can envision more, sure. Overall, the sorcerer feels like a wizard subclass.

But as written, the only real difference is metamagic.

gyor

Legend
Extend spell on spells with 1 minute durations isn't useless as with good intel it allows you enough time to cast it before combat.

Example my Favoured Soul knows that the boss enemy and minions are in her throne room, so before entering I cast an Extend Spell Dust Devil (from EE) and send it ahead of me into the throne room. So that one or two rounds before combat, its a boss battle so say it lasts ten rounds, the Dust Devil lasts until the battle is over because it lasts for 12 rounds, not 6 like usual.

mellored

Legend
Extend spell on spells with 1 minute durations isn't useless as with good intel it allows you enough time to cast it before combat.

Example my Favoured Soul knows that the boss enemy and minions are in her throne room, so before entering I cast an Extend Spell Dust Devil (from EE) and send it ahead of me into the throne room. So that one or two rounds before combat, its a boss battle so say it lasts ten rounds, the Dust Devil lasts until the battle is over because it lasts for 12 rounds, not 6 like usual.
It's not completely useless, no. But it's hard to use consistently.

Lots of times you might use it, and find the battle was only 8 rounds, or get hit and lose concentration. And thus you would have just wasted the SP.

Last edited:

Controlled Chaos: Nearly eliminates the chances of a bad surge. So go wild. 59% good, 13% mixed, 2% bad, 26% RP.

I just noticed, these numbers seem off. As I calculate it, good would be 71% [1-(1-0.46)^2]. Bad would be 2% [0.14^2]. The others would vary depending on whether you prefer mixed or RP, but they would be something like 12% mixed [0.18*(1-0.46)+0.18*0.14] and 15% RP [0.22*(1-0.46)+0.22*0.14].

In words, the good is calculated as the odds of either die being good, the bad as both dice being bad, and the others as the first die being mixed/RP and the second die being not good, or the first die being bad and the second being mixed/RP.

Remove ads