Guide Ideas?

Nugan

First Post
Summer boredom's sinking in, so I've been thinking about writing another guide in the tradition of "Dealing with New Players" and "How Not to be a Power Gamer".

The problem is, I have no idea what to write about. I'm not very creative and I already used the two big name topics. Plus, Asnod already did a far better job with a descriptions guide than I ever could.

So I'm leaving it up to you guys. What ISRP topic would you like to see a guide about?

W

WizO_Bailey

I don't want to burst bubbles, and you can feel free to ignore this :rolleyes:, but we have similar things on the ISRP webpages. On top of that, the webpages are being upgraded and including new topics. Just an FYI...:88E:

Bails, resident webnut

Nugan

First Post
True, which is why I've stuck to topics that aren't really covered in detail there.

I want to focus more on topics that get brought up on these boards a lot as "Pet Peeves". Topics along the line of the last two that I've done.

G

Gallic Imalustriel

I have no idea what guies are ont he ISRP webpages, so I'll jot down simple ideas :

- How to write complex and interesting backgrounds for your characters

- How to choose something else than a dragon to play with ( not meant to be mean, but just in Agudo's school, five character have a more or less direct link with dragons, and it would be fun to ahve a little more diversity.)

- How to DM an interesting story

- How not to railroad your players

- How to retire a character without having him die or disappear in a stange, inexplicable but nevertheless accidental way.

Okay, this is it for now. PLease tell me if you'll select among those.

A

Anonymous_D

I got an idea, something I need help with. How to RP a good batte. Anyone else have trouble typing out what they want thier char to be doing in a fight clearly enough for people to know what you are doing?

Nugan

First Post
I'm going to level with you Anonymous. I don't spend much time in battle. Its a matter of personal taste. That means I don't really have the knowledge necessary to make that guide.

But there is an upside to this: I talked to Tharivious's player about it, and he's going to try to post a "ISRP Combat Guide" tonight. He's one of the better battlers that I've seen, so I he's definately qualified to write it.

W

WizO_Adele

If you guys can come up with some nice cooperatively written articles, I'll see about getting them added to the articles on the ISRP website. That is, if you don't object.

I like the combat one so far... what do you think?

Nugan

First Post
Sounds like a great idea to me. :)

I agree on Mel's combat guide. I also think that the "ISRP Descriptions 101" definately deserves a spot.

I've written "Dealing with New Players" and "How Not to Be A Power Gamer". Honestly, "DwNP" was better as a discussion thread than a guide, but "HntbaPG" might work. (Then again everyone holds more value in their own work than its really worth.)

Krystal

First Post
I like the combat guide. Informative, and helpful. Very well thought out, and it's not done in a negative tone.

It's got my approval.

~Krys

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Thanks for the good feedback on the Combat Guide, I did my best and if I find a way to improve on that, I'll be sure to do so.

As Nugan said, we talked about it for a moment, and I started writing, and it was fun to work on.

I'd be proud if my little break down of combat were deemed worthy of a spot on the ISRP site, and I agree with Nugan, "ISRP Descriptions 101", and "How not to be a Power Gamer" definately deserve spots as well.

I'm happy to contribute in any way that I can to make things a bit easier for others, and it's always nice to get positive feedback :D

Remove ads