• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guilds In Silverymoon?

Knightcrawler

First Post
So I'm starting to flesh out the city of Silverymoon for my campaign. I just started detailing so of the guilds in the city. I thought I ask the board what guilds they think should exist in the city, what professions, crafts and interests would be in the same guild, what ones would have their own, etc, etc. So start brainstorming and throw some ideas my way. Thanks!

For those of you who are not familiar with Silverymoon here's some stats and description.

Silverymoon (metropolis): Population 37,073; Integrated (humans 41%, elves (all types) 29%, half-elves 12%, shield dwarves 10%, lightfoot halflings 5%, gnomes (all types) 2%, other 1%

Silverymoon is a city dominated by trees and beautiful stone buildings, gardens and plant life are a huge part of the cities design. Silverymoon is also the foremost center of culture and learning in the North, boasting many colleges and schools along with one of the greatest concentrations of arcane magic-user found in the North. Within the city is also The Vault of the Sages, a library that contains the greatest assembly of knowledge, outside of Candlekeep, in Faerun.

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Better watch out. My my campaign group for the past 21+ years, the Silver Moon Adventurers find out that they have a city named after them you can expect them to show up on your doorstep and claim it as theirs! :D

Only kidding, well, maybe not. But you may want to check out this thread of an area on my campaign world for some ideas. Both Silvanost and Brondani have similar racial make-ups as your city. http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31874

Dark Jezter

First Post
You might want to pick up the suppliment The Silver Marches, it contains a whole lot of info on Silverymoon. Another source that talks about Silverymoon is Volo's Guide to the North, which might be available as a free download from WotC's web site.

Finally, Magic of Faerun talks about the mage guild of Silverymoon, including requirements for joining and benefits for being a member.

Knightcrawler

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
You might want to pick up the suppliment The Silver Marches, it contains a whole lot of info on Silverymoon. Another source that talks about Silverymoon is Volo's Guide to the North, which might be available as a free download from WotC's web site.

Finally, Magic of Faerun talks about the mage guild of Silverymoon, including requirements for joining and benefits for being a member.

I have all of those and the Guild Wizard is for Waterdeep not Silverymoon but it is a good example. In one of the books it does disuss the Mages Guild of Silverymoon though. I'm not looking for mechanics right now. I have both AEG Guilds and Bastion Presses Guildcraft so I will be using those to create the mechanics. I looking for specific guilds. This is what I have so far

Armorer & Weaponsmiths Guild
Brewers & Vinters Guild
Stonemasons & Miners Guild
Alchemists Guild
Blacksmiths Guild
Hunters & Guides Guild
Herbalists, Healers & Apothacaries Guild
Jewlers & Gemcutters Guild
Merchants Guild
Entertainers Guild
etc, etc, etc

Thats along the lines of what I'm kooking for. Also ideas on weather some of those prefessions that are gathered together into one guild should be divided into their own separate guilds.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Knightcrawler said:
I have all of those and the Guild Wizard is for Waterdeep not Silverymoon but it is a good example. In one of the books it does disuss the Mages Guild of Silverymoon though.

No, it's in Magic of Faerun that the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon is discussed. Look on page 60. :)

Knightcrawler

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
No, it's in Magic of Faerun that the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon is discussed. Look on page 60. :)

I thought you were talking about the PrC that was in there, sorry. Yes I have read that and its a good start for a mages guild in Silverymoon. But I'm looking for suggestions on other guilds.

Knightcrawler

First Post
d20Dwarf said:
You might also want to check out the Silverymoon: Gem of the North netbook, found at www.gemofthenorth.org .

Excellent resource! :)

I have the final version of it. It is an excellent source of information on Silverymoon. Too bad the project seems to have been abondoned, nothing new has been put on the site for a very long time. I don't even go there anymore. I'm using the netbook, The North boxed set, Volo's Guide to the North and The Silver Marches to come up with my own guide to Silverymoon for use in my campaign.

While the netbook is an excellent source is details more about the educational institutions in Silverymoon along with the nature and martial based groups nothing really about what guilds are in Silverymoon.

Remove ads