Guitarists: what gear do you use?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Thanks for the tip!

"Bubble" is an effect that was mentioned in a Tony Iommi interview- he said he used it to add texture to certain songs.

There is also a setting called "bubble" that is on my Korg PX4- the Pandora's Box I mentioned upthread. It actually sounds a little like its name, like a bunch of bubbles in a liquid, so it breaks up your guitar's sound in a quasi-randomized way that is more obvious on long, sustained notes.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Could be, could be...

Using your info, I refined my internet search and found this:
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus ( Electro-Harmonix )
The Electro-Harmonix Small Clone is an analog chorus effect for electric guitar. It's the same model as used by Kurt Cobain of Nirvana. It has a very distinctive tone and sound. It's very simple to use but has a very undeniable sound. The single chorus rate knob controls the speed of the chorus effect. It varies from slow warm washes to fast underwater bubble like sounds. It also has a depth switch that adds more chorus effect. It produces doubling, chiming and 12 string type of sounds as well as Leslie-type of sounds. It has a solid nickel case and requires a 9VDC battery or AC wall wart to operate.

(emphasis mine)

Perhaps its some kind of version of this?

Remove ads