[GURPS] Prime Circle OC

I am recruiting for a GURPS 4e campaign ITT. Details in the linked document below.

The party are urban adventurers in the self-governing (by autocracy) port metropolis of Prime Circle City, a titan of magical industry and greedy ambition. The party are, in classic picaresque tradition, a bunch of rogueish heroes of low social degree living by their wits in a corrupt society. I recommend player characters have their own plot hooks, goals and secrets to propel the game along (I'd like if this campaign had a player-driven plot). Book Rituals and Alchemy are the magic of this world. No other planes of existence, but there are "demi-planes" and "sub-planes" like the Twilight of ghosts or the Dreamlands. Not taking place on real life Earth.
Players needed for the campaign; 3-5.
Any questions, post here.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Points? Low social status = all have the same disadvantage at the start? Does that count toward the max number od disadvantages?

Are we supposed to be a new group of unknowns or an existing band?

All PCs can have Status 0, 1 or -1, that's their own choice. Lowered Status counts towards the Disadvantage limit, yes.

Either way is fine, I guess players should work together ITT to decide if they're known to each other when the game stasts.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
And starting points? Humans only? Is there a setting book? :(
Sorry, I didn't play Gurps for 5 years, I'm a bit rusty :)

Oryzarius

Strigiform Storyteller
Supporter
I might be interested in a stringer for the Flowerbed Weekly, perhaps with a contact in TORNADO.

Question on theme / aesthetics: do office workers use computers, or enchanted crystals, etc.? Do guns use gunpowder; or alchemically dehydrated steam / elemental essences / whatever?

Computers, gunpowder. The wealthier can integrate elixirs into technology (elixir bullets, for instance).
Alchemy is MUCH more common than Book Rituals. Most people have never even seen a Book or cast a Ritual, or know someone who has.

Remove ads