GURPS Shadowrun [IC] Under the Dragon's Tooth

Shayuri

First Post
"Alright, so it seems like the hard part's getting to the roof," Castle said. "Once we're up there, I can use this..."

She set an oblong rounded cylinder on the tabletop. It was marked by a green stripe and had an ominous button on one end.

"This grenade's loaded to deliver a weaponized gamma-scopolamine aerosol. Anyone in the area who doesn't have some kind of toxin scrubber will be taking a long nap."

"I think our best first step is seeing what security's like in neighboring buildings. Ideally one that's close, and taller."

GreenKarl

First Post
Master-Blaster nodded in agreement and adds "There appears to be a security booth and a couple of gun emplacements on the roof of the building. What with all the air-traffic one gets these days lots of placed that have any kind of good security include that now..."

After a moment he added "I would prefer to stay here. I can watch you via local vids and security cams in the area... and I don't really feel like sitting in Tharg's lap again. No offense."

GM: Assuming you do go case the area, what would you like to do? You can make general Perception checks and if you have a skill you think would fit, you can roll that also. So Observation might work here, along with Tactics if you can think of a reason.
You could also park the car and go out try and talk to vendors on the street or residences, etc. And yes if you want to go astral and check out the area you can do that also. Use Perception, etc.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tharg stared down at Master-Blaster and said, "That works for me too, you stink like sweat and squirm too much, like a little fish. You think you can do something about those gun emplacements if we go and hit that roof?"

GreenKarl

First Post
Master-Blaster nods. "Yea I can do something about them. I am pretty confident that I can spoof them for at least a few minutes, and crash them if I have too. Problem is that the system has a Spyder* onsite who is also monitoring the systems along with the normal IC. If and when I do it, we have to move right away or else they were send someone to investigate or repair it..."

GM: Spyders are a dedicated kind of Rigger that runs facility security systems like alarms, vidcams and weapon systems.

Jago

Explorer
~ Jaeger took this all in, even as he continued to surf the 'trix through the marvel of AR. His eyes continued to flit about, fingertips swiping at incorporeal icons with the practice of someone who did this for a living. It seemed that degree from Hamburg would actually pay off in the Shadows.

The more they uncovered, and the more he learned, Fredrick became increasingly on edge. It wasn't just the job: a run is a run is a run. But the knowledge on the Emerald Dogs ...

Beatle pushing bastards ...

Even Hundgeist was agitated at finding out what, exactly, their friendly local gangers were involved in. He suggested to Jaeger that they look more into this when they had the chance, and the Elf couldn't agree more. Maybe ... Maybe this was a good sign. Another step to Mieke. He knew the scum were connected to the Yaks in some way, and that alone was terrifying enough. What if she had been taken by them? Made into some ... bunraku, or worse. Karking Dragons, what couldbe worse ...

He shook the thought. Or, at least, tried to. Hundgeist refused to settle down, wanting to begin this hunt now, to grab every last goddamn thug on the block and hold them accountable for what they did to people, to interrogate them for information on Mieke until they talked. For a moment, a brief moment, Jaeger almost did this, abandoning the assignment entirely, telling this new team Alles Gute! and heading out to hunt down the Emerald Dogs. Hundgeist certainly wanted him to.

But ... no. There would be time later. Jaeger closed his eyes and conferred with his Spirit, reiterating that they had agreed to work with this group and yes, while he had an oath to find Mieke, he also had a debt to these people as well. Perhaps, by working with them, he would have some much-needed help in his hunt.

He cleared his head, listened to the plan, considered, and then spoke.

" It would be more than just Matrix and fleshy security," the German observed, " If Tharg's contact is right and they have a Mage onsite, it stands to reason that they may have a few extra features to protect Euphoria."

Jaeger himself, while Awakened, could feel the power coming off of Beowulf and his incredibly strong Spirit. Hundgeist as well had welcomed the presence of the honorable Dragonslayer into their midst, and agreed that, while powerful, Dog could only grant Jaeger so much at this point.

" Beowulf, you may want to take a trip through the Astral to see what, exactly, we're looking at. Spirits, magical sensors, the whole neun. I can try and case the building in meatspace, see what Pacific Towers really looks like and maybe find, ah, other ways onto Euphoria's floor. Gebongt?" ~

Beowulf nodded, scratching his beard. He could feel Sig in his mind, feel him studying the spirit that attached itself to Jaeger. Dog, a noble and loyal spirit. Sig approved, unsurprisingly, Dog and Dragonslayer were not so far apart, in truth.

"Let's head down there in meatspace first, make it easier to case the joint. You down to drive, Juno?"

Beowulf had a swig of his whiskey, and quickly patted his harness out of habit, ensuring his gear was in place.
"Also, I know a fetishman, he might be able to do something to help secure this spot. I'll give him a call once we finishing casing."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tharg shrugs and says, "Nice day for a casual drive around town. Why don't we see if they've got some coffee joint or bar within a block away. We'll take a seat... take in the sights."

Shayuri

First Post
Juno nodded and motioned with her head towards the door.

"Alright, saddle up."

She headed out to her car. Once everyone was in, she drove out to the downtown district, where skyscrapers dwindled to points far above, huddling close to one another like frightened Roman senators hearing the clamor of Visigoths just outside. Here the price of a soycaf could keep a family fed for a day in the Barrens...but it wouldn't give them the runs the way that meal would.

Juno frowned as she found one of the precious, precious parking places and turned the car's engine off.

Exit strategy could be a problem. It wasn't too likely they'd be able to bag Euphoria without anyone noticing, even with a decker on their side. Lone Star's response time in this neighborhood would be on point. She wasn't going to be able to outrun a pursuit vehicle in this box, and no one on the crew was a rigger. Hm.

Well, one problem at a time.

GreenKarl

First Post
Pacific Towers juts into the gray sky over Rosemont Beach like a great ebony spike. The sides of the building are covered with black polymer, expect where plastic-enclosed balaconies extend out from the walls. The building is 25 stories high, each story slightly smaller then the one below, to give the appears of tapering almost to a point. Four sets of doors face the street.

The streets around the tower are mostly high-end apartment complexes and small specialty shops selling real coffee (or at least claiming beans from Amazonia), clothing appeal stores, whole-foods (with soy filler of course), restaurants, etc.

The four of you find a small open soylattee cafe-stop with outdoor seating where you can case out the front of the towers and where no one calls the cops automatically on you... although both Tharg and Beowulf get nervous glances and a wide berth.

GM: Depending on what you would like to do... you can make some interaction rolls, etc. If someone wants to go into the lobby of the towers, probably only Jaeger would not draw to much attention. Otherwise... up to you what skill you would like to try and in what way. Say tactics on the best way one would want to get someone out of the building unnoticed, etc. stuff like that.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tharg does nothing out of the ordinary as he's found out all he cares to know about the local surroundings during the drive out here. He's drawn enough attention already, and this is the calm before the storm. He casually people watches, getting a feel for the type of civilians that might hang out in the area. "Hey waiter person. Give me one of those machiattos I keep hearing about. Oh, and while we're at it, let me see a list of your coffee mugs for sale. I like to collect stuff, chummer, and some poli told me this was a place to check this place if I can stand the nutrisoy."

Remove ads