Gygax Magazine is available to order

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Jayson posted this to Facebook and I thought I would also share it here (and am probably just beating him to it) -

Hi everyone, Jayson here.

I've got an update on our shipping statuses.

Our orders are filled from a fulfillment house in Florida, where the magazine is printed. They need to bag and board the magazines with a process that goes in batches, and takes some time. Here in New York, where we run the magazine, I handle the process of converting orders from the website into a format the shippers can turn into labels, and making sure they're going in batches large enough to run through their own process.

I've done three batches so far. One was processed on January 30th, the next on February 9th, and the third is being processed right now.

If your order number is #1383 or lower, you were in the first batch.
Orders between #1384-1829 are in the second batch.
Orders later than #1829 are in the third batch.

What I'm learning is that the fulfillment house takes about one to two weeks to get something out the door from the time I send them a batch of orders to fill. I spoke to them today, and was told that orders from the second batch are going out on Tuesday.

I think this is too long for shipping to take, and I've told them so at length. There are a number of things that I've been told we can do to speed up the process, not the least of which is having them bag and board enough copies to fill all the orders we anticipate beforehand. There are also things I can do with the way we send the orders to them which will cut down on time considerably.

This is all part of the pain of doing something for the first time. I'm sorry that people are having to wait for 3 weeks or more to get their orders. We are going to make this better in the future. If there were anything I could do to speed up the orders that have already been processed, believe me, I would.

All I can say is that everyone's magazines will be arriving safely, and please have patience with us as we get this first issue out to everyone that's bought one.

If you have a subscription, your future issues will arrive more quickly. For people that like to buy one issue at a time, we have made arrangements with a distributor to get Gygax magazine into game stores across the USA and in some other countries. We will also be making it available through Paizo and Noble Knight, which will allow faster single-issue fulfillment.

Please accept my apologies. This magazine has been a labor of love for all of us, and it's vitally important to me that people get the orders they've paid for. Readers are the lifeblood of a magazine, and I want to live up to your expectations. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Jayson

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Just sent in my order for issue #1. Man that is a lovely looking magazine. A nice clean uncluttered cover with great art. I hope the contents are up to the same standard.

Remove ads