• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gygax thread needs locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rounser

First Post
You all know he's being taken out of context, and that he wouldn't support what you're trying to use his words to support.

I recently quoted Mearls out of context, a bit of fancy footwork justifying 4E's dissociative mechanics as of Essentials, but I edited it out because times and views have obviously radically changed on the topic since then, based on WOTC's new approach, and that it wouldn't be fair to bring up what seemed to be "the company line" of that time (i.e. that people who want to envision their D&D aren't even in the same hobby), now.

Col Pladoh deserves more respect than even that, as he is no longer around to clarify his opinion with regard to the context you're trying to hijack his words for.

Bit disappointed that not only have mods seen no problem when it's obvious to multiple posters in that thread, but that it's been made news, which just seems bizarre and an escalation of the inappropriateness.

4E and 5E fans/designers do not need to call on Gygax for legitimacy. Do it by designing a game which doesn't need to justify it's not-D&Dness after having gone too far out into left field. We know what D&D is - TSR showed us, and 3E looked pretty passable too.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We have a "report a post" feature. Click the little exclamation point in a triangle icon, and you can leave us a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads