• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ha! I've got Aces & Eights!

Lord_Kjeran

Explorer
Chello!

Yes, well, if your store is a real store, maybe. MY UFLGS didn't get A&8 or the Wizkids' new Star Wars game in this week b/c he didn't have enough stuff prdered on his Diamond order.

Some of us rely on your Netstore, Senor Plemmons.

Tony

HiLiphNY

Explorer
My (F)LGS, The Compleat Strategist, refuses to carry any Kenzerco Stock. Hey, Plemmons, what's up with that?

Looks like I'll be ordering directly from Kenzer. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this bad boy.

Hard8Staff

First Post
HiLiphNY said:
My (F)LGS, The Compleat Strategist, refuses to carry any Kenzerco Stock. Hey, Plemmons, what's up with that?

I guess they don't want your money. Seems pretty dumb to me.

Does he refuse to carry the industry's best-selling and longest-running professional games magazine as well (Knights of the Dinner Table)? :(

Gothmog

First Post
I've been really excited about Aces & Eights, and I just picked mine up from my FLGS. I have to say this is the most thorough and comprehensive book on the West of any RPG book I've seen, and I can't wait to run or play it. Its also the most beautiful RPG book I've ever seen, hands down beating Ptolus or any of the WotC books. It looks and feels like a coffee table book, beautiful leather cover, thick semi-glossy paper, stitched bindings- the works! Great job Kenzer! :D

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
Gothmog said:
I've been really excited about Aces & Eights, and I just picked mine up from my FLGS. I have to say this is the most thorough and comprehensive book on the West of any RPG book I've seen, and I can't wait to run or play it. Its also the most beautiful RPG book I've ever seen, hands down beating Ptolus or any of the WotC books. It looks and feels like a coffee table book, beautiful leather cover, thick semi-glossy paper, stitched bindings- the works! Great job Kenzer! :D

sniff. choke.

Please -- somebody pass the tissues.

;)

thanks. Glad you approve. You can see why we've been so excited about the book getting out through channels.

Michael Dean

Explorer
Gothmog said:
I have to say this is the most thorough and comprehensive book on the West of any RPG book I've seen, and I can't wait to run or play it. Its also the most beautiful RPG book I've ever seen, hands down beating Ptolus or any of the WotC books. It looks and feels like a coffee table book, beautiful leather cover, thick semi-glossy paper, stitched bindings- the works! Great job Kenzer! :D

I agree whole-heartedly (although I put A&8 on a par with Ptolus in terms of high quality layout and book binding). But hands down the artwork is the best I've seen in an rpg; using the Frederic Remington and Charles Russell oils very liberally throughout was a major bonus to achieving the right classical Western feel, as well as the old-timey pictures. I don't usually view artwork as a major plus or a dealbreaker for an rpg, although really bad artwork may sway me negatively. But the art here was so good and integral to the game's feel that I had to comment on it. If this was the reason it took so long to go to print, it was the right decision. I am itching to run a huge Lonesome Dove cattle drive. All I can say is that this better not be the reason I don't pass the bar next month. :D

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
Michael Dean said:
But hands down the artwork is the best I've seen in an rpg; using the Frederic Remington and Charles Russell oils very liberally throughout was a major bonus to achieving the right classical Western feel, as well as the old-timey pictures. I don't usually view artwork as a major plus or a dealbreaker for an rpg, although really bad artwork may sway me negatively. But the art here was so good and integral to the game's feel that I had to comment on it. If this was the reason it took so long to go to print, it was the right decision.

Thanks. A lot of work went into selecting the artwork for the book. In the case of A&8 we felt the art was extremely important in helping to set the tone for the book. You can't get any more authentic then Remington/Russell.

With the possible exception of Elmore I can't think of many contemporary artists in the business who can capture the Old West in quite the same way.

Theron

Explorer
I swung by my FLGS Saturday morning before work and, lo and behold, they had two copies, so I snatched one up. I haven't really had a chance to do anything but flip the pages, but it sure is lovely. I think it'll end up on the game shelf next to my first edition copy of Boot Hill. :)

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Since we had some copies get damaged in shipping, I've just added a "dinged and dented" book section here for those of you looking to save a little money. If we should get other damaged books (hopefully not), I'll put them here as well.

trollwad

First Post
A&8 at Third Planet

I just saw it at Third Planet in Houston. One copy. It is in a brown covering. It is within five feet of where dragon and dungeon are.

Hope that helps

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads