• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Breed

Burn_Boy

First Post
I have a, what I think, is a nifty idea for a PC in a Pathfinder campaign I'm running that I'd like to see an impartial view on.

The PC is a Female Sorcerer with a Celestial bloodline. It's been established that, while her mother is mortal, her father is a solar angel. To me, it makes sense that, at some point in her life or when she reaches a certain stage, her direct relation to an angel would manifest in a more permanent phase than just the bonuses the Celestial bloodline grants.

In the Beatiary there is a template for creating Half-Dragons, Half-Celestials and Half-Fiends and instructions on how to apply them to creatures. What I want to do, is, when she reaches Level 20 and if she continues on with her character, which I have no doubt she will, start applying the template for Half-Celestials to her? I don't think it would make her too much more powerful than the other PCs and, to me, inspired by the Dragon Disicple class which, in 3.5, made you a Half-Dragon at the end, it seems the next logical step in the path she chose.

Your thoughts?

Sigurd

First Post
So if she's more celestial what duties and obligations will she undergo\inherit.

Great power & Great responsibility....

Burn_Boy

First Post
Why wait until 20th level to apply the template?

Because, as far as I know, there's nothing in Pathfinder yet to describe what happens in post epic levels. So, to me, the next logical step is for more Celestial powers to come into focus since her mortal form might not be able to hold the power within her or something like that... we're big on role playing.

So if she's more celestial what duties and obligations will she undergoinherit.

Great power & Great responsibility....

Well I have it timed pretty well that when my players hit level 20 they have to face off against the BBEG (Big Bad Evil Guy) but they're all really liking their characters and I'm sure they'd want to keep going with them to fight off some new evil. I'm not worrying too much about that right now though, I'm more focused on them killing off the current BBEG than rebuilding the world he's destroying around them.

Any ideas for post epic level funsies?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads