• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Celestial lifespan?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Celestials don't die by age. Aasimars do not live much longer than usual human. Then how long Half-Celestial Human (or other Half-Celestials) live?

Does any book mention about it?

Aus_Snow

First Post
Can't think of a relevant sourcebook at the moment, but I'd maybe go with around 100-200 years per age category, so they'd end up a little bit like classic nephilim, and the like, if not in many other ways.

Well, 100-200 per category past childhood, let me just add. :)

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Or perhaps instead of mucking about with lifespan, you could simply rule they don't get negative aging mods- their half-celestial nature prevents them from aging normally. They may wrinkle, but they don't weaken...

lottrbacchus

First Post
Thanks. So it is basically undefined. I am wondering if Half-Celestial can be used as a NPC who is guarding certain place and thing for millennia.

Ah! With an NPC it is easy to say, "that's the way it is!" You don't have to justify these things to the PCs unless they have some way of knowing the answer.

If they had some way to find out, I'd tell 'em that the NPC's great-great grandfather was a god and granted jr. immortality for a birthday present!

Remove ads