• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E half elf - half drow SCAG Sunlight?

maraxion

First Post
Hi.
So I found the half haøf deal in SCAG. But I read somewhere online that this build wil not suffer sunlight but have the drow magic. Is this correct and if so where can I find this information?

Fanaelialae

Legend
Hi.
So I found the half haøf deal in SCAG. But I read somewhere online that this build wil not suffer sunlight but have the drow magic. Is this correct and if so where can I find this information?

The sidebar on page 116 of SCAG. You lose the half-elf's Skill Versatility but gain Drow Magic.

Fanaelialae

Legend
Sorry, should have been more spesific. I was thinking about not suffering the sunlight with this merger.

You won't suffer Sunlight Sensitivity because you will be a half-elf, rather than a elf (drow).

These are the traits you will have:

Ability Score Increase (as half-elf)
Age (as half-elf)
Alignment (as half-elf)
Size (as half-elf)
Speed (as half-elf)
Darkvision (as half-elf)
Fey Ancestry (as half-elf)
Drow Magic (as drow)
Languages (as half-elf)

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Basically, you replace your two skills from skill versatility with the drow magic ability. Nothing else is lost or gained so you don't have to worry about sunlight sensitivity.

Horwath

Legend
Basically, you replace your two skills from skill versatility with the drow magic ability. Nothing else is lost or gained so you don't have to worry about sunlight sensitivity.

and get killed or maybe jailed on sight because you're a drow elf.

Fanaelialae

Legend
and get killed or maybe jailed on sight because you're a drow elf.

That's heavily dependent on the setting. In my campaign (admittedly a pretty atypical one) a drow isn't any more likely to be kill on sight than any other monster (which is to say, as long as the monster behaves and makes itself useful, it is likely to be welcome or at least tolerated). Even the Realms has a few famous good drow (Drizzt, for example), enough so that a drow (or half-drow) who doesn't behave like a psycho could be granted the benefit of the doubt by decent communities.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
Even in plain vanilla realms, are drow so well known to be recognized by the general public?

Remove ads