• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Elves: Half-Eladrin?

clearstream

(He, Him)
No. A character's background is the only thing a player truly has in-game. Don't take it away from him. I've seen entire campaigns ruined that way.

I really feel this forum takes molly-coddling players too far. The benefits of an iron-fist DM are that things happen, fun is preserved, SOD stands up, players confront challenges, everyone gets a turn, etc etc. If player X says 'I'm the spawn of a nemotode and Jesus', I tell player X that is not something that happens in my Campaign world.

Role playing is playing a role. Feeding your players great lines fuels their imagination, and sometimes the best hook into an adventure comes right out of a hack you made to their backstory.

Loving, devoted, living parents back home on the farm? I wonder if they were everything they seemed to be...

-vk

Last edited:

Tony Vargas

Legend
We're early in 4e, so don't have a lot of mechanics with which to model PC concepts. If a player wants a half-eladriin, half-drow, or half-fey of most any sort, really, the mechanics of the half-elf are a reasonable place to start.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads