• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half Mountain Orc / Half Moon Elf - A custom player race for Forgotten Realms

guido1999

First Post
Yeah. I can get to that link with the SRD, but like you said, no flavor text.

Also, how many people read and actually retain all the flavor text for the standard PHB races? When someone says half-elf or half-orc, the usually know the stat adjustments, special abilities, etc.

HeavyG

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
If a reference is obscure or complex, no.

When it's in the first and most logical place to look, and I'm tired, I can find justification for it.

-Hyp.

You know, you didn't *have* to check it if you were that tired. :rolleyes:

Jotun

First Post
One of my favorite characters was a half-orc. I was twice rended and killed by a troll. It was the left arm that popped off first for those that would wonder about stuff like that. :)

Anyways, my PC's backstory was that both his parents were half-orcs. I guess I wasn't playing right since that's not in the Core Rulebook.

VixenofVenus wrote:
Half Mountain Orc / Half Moon Elf:
+4 Strenght, +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -2 Constitution
Medium Size, 30ft Speed
Darkvision 60ft
Orc Blood (Magic Orc Weapons)
Elven Blood (Magic Elven Weapons)
Proficient with Longbow, Short Bow, Longsword, and Short Sword
Elven Aging Process (Half Elf Sleep Requirements)
Favored Class: Barbarian
Level Adjustment +1
That +4 Str is burly. When comparing this homebrew half-breed and the Races of Faerun's (I assume that's where this Orc race comes from) Mountain Orc, this is still obviously superior even with the +1 ECL. If it was my game, I'd eliminate the ability score modifiers for Dex and Con just like the standard half-elf race does. I would also reduce the +4 Str just like the standard half-orc race does. Whatever you decide to do, VixenofVenus, I hope you have a lot of fun playing with your friends.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Darklone said:
+2 strength and +2 dex is not balanced with -2 wisdom and -2 charisma.

Check out the DMG.

I'm quite familiar with the DMG, and I'm typically the person reminding people of things it mentions on creating new races.

The version I had posted didn't get -2 Wis and -2 Cha, it got -2 Con -2 Wis, and a +1 level adjustment. Without the level adjustment, it adds -2 Cha, which is balanced, especially when the player indicated an interest in playing a Sorceror, a very strongly Charisma-based class.

Andion Isurand

First Post
Like Darklone said, why do most of these versions get +4 strength... and not +2 strength like the normal half-orc????

And besides.... the chances of actually concieving a child due to rape are quite small.

Last edited:

Remove ads