Half-nymph? Half-drow/half-orc? How would you do it?

Dragonjester

First Post
I'd do something like this, toning down the beauty a bit:

Half-Nymph

Int +4, Wis +4, Cha +6
Medium sized Humanoid
Base Speed: 30 ft., swim 20 ft.
Special Attacks: Stunning beauty
Special Qualities: Spell-like abilities
+2 racial bonus on Animal Empathy checks
+2 racial bonus on Listen checks
+2 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks
Automatic Language: Sylvan and Common.
Favored Class: Druid
ECL: not sure, feels like a +3

Stunning Beauty (Su): This ability can be used once a day, affecting all humanoids within 60 feet of the nymph. Those who look directly at the nymph must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 13) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds.

Spell-Like Abilities: Upon reaching 11th level the half-nymph can use dimension door once per day as a 7th-level sorcerer

Shadowthorn said he wasn't looking for an orc/drow hybrid.

According to some 2e stuff, orcs can crossbreed with any humanoid race... except for elves. So it's not possible anyway.

Half drow are found in the FRCS book. Basically, they have the powers of half-elves, but look enough like drow to be really hated. They aren't blind, and get darkvision.

Half-nymphs are up to DM's discretion. Whose blood do you think is stronger? Maybe all nymphs are half-human, since I've never seen a male nymph. However, satyrs are often referred to as the nymph's male half or male equivalent.

If we wanna take a bit of a Tolkienesque turn with our BS(2e Elves handbook said it too) orcs were once elves who were tainted by an intense evil, sorta like the drow, only less refined. Both races are normally CE. This of course could be an argument for and against compatibility. Either way, I'd vote for infertility among anything produced.

moritheil

First Post
LA+0 half-nymph

I haven't seen this post before.

A month or so ago, I started making up a new prime world for my new campaign. I have my own half-nymph race. I'm aware this thread is old and dessicated, but if anyone is dying to play a LA+0 half-nymph, feel free to look. Basically I aimed against using special abilities and attacks, the way Dragonjester does, and I went for a more progressive build that emphasizes the "specialness" of the half-nymph while being identifiable as a player character. I decided the way to do this was through Unearthly Grace, and removed all other special nymph traits (except for swim speed.)

I have also written the Lilting Fist, a monk variant designed to work with half-nymphs and half-dryads.

You can find them on the campaign website, Flay, at:
http://www.angelfire.com/in4/nomine/flay.htm

Dragonjester said:
I'd do something like this, toning down the beauty a bit:

Half-Nymph

Int +4, Wis +4, Cha +6
Medium sized Humanoid
Base Speed: 30 ft., swim 20 ft.
Special Attacks: Stunning beauty
Special Qualities: Spell-like abilities
+2 racial bonus on Animal Empathy checks
+2 racial bonus on Listen checks
+2 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks
Automatic Language: Sylvan and Common.
Favored Class: Druid
ECL: not sure, feels like a +3

Stunning Beauty (Su): This ability can be used once a day, affecting all humanoids within 60 feet of the nymph. Those who look directly at the nymph must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 13) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds.

Spell-Like Abilities: Upon reaching 11th level the half-nymph can use dimension door once per day as a 7th-level sorcerer

Len

Prodigal Member
moritheil said:
A month or so ago, I started making up a new prime world for my new campaign. I have my own half-nymph race. I'm aware this thread is old and dessicated, but if anyone is dying to play a LA+0 half-nymph, feel free to look.
But it looks like all the half-nymph PCs died. :uhoh:

Jack Simth

First Post
Remove the spells Hit Dice, spell like, and supernatural abilities, make it a non-hd template, and halve any bonuses and special qualities, and leave the Level Adjustment alone - Examples:
Half-Nymph would get
Wild Empathy +3,
Dex + 3,
Con + 1,
Int + 3,
Wis + 3,
Cha + 4,
Damage Reduction 5/cold iron.
LA +7

A half-Drow would get:
half-elf traits, except where noted.
+1 Intelligence, +1 Charisma.
Darkvision out to 60 feet. This trait replaces the high half-elf ’s low-light vision.
Spell resistance equal to 5 + 1/2 class levels.
+1 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword. This trait replaces the high elf’s weapon proficiency.
Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin. This trait replaces the high elf ’s automatic and bonus languages.
Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
Favored Class: Any
Level adjustment +2.

Sejs

First Post
For the half-nymph, I'd use the stats for Feytouched out of er.. Fiend Folio? I think?

For the drorc, I'd just use the stats for a Half Orc because, well, the stats for a half orc and a half drow arn't all -that- different.

moritheil

First Post
Len said:
But it looks like all the half-nymph PCs died. :uhoh:

Yes. Having -4 to con can hurt sometimes.

One interesting thing I noted was that one of the half-nymph PCs was really annoyed that there was another half-nymph; his argument was that this should be so rare that that would be impossible. I replied that if I allowed him to take it, I couldn't deny someone else the same chance.

RE: half-fey template, I often get told that. I wanted an LA+0 half-nymph, because initially all the players had to be level 1.

Crothian

First Post
I'd use the Book of Templates Deluxe Edition by Silverthorn games, I'm pretty sure it has templates that cover all of these and many, many more.

Remove ads