• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-* options

werk

First Post
From Candlekeep.com FAQ

4.10. Who are/were the D'Tarig? What races of dwarven halfbreeds exist in the Realms?

Eric Boyd explains In the Realms (and I stress only in the Realms), there are three known races or crossbreeds with dwarven and human blood.

a) Half-dwarves, as defined in FR11 - Dwarves Deep, are the offspring of a human and a dwarf, a human and a half-dwarf, or a half-dwarf and a half-dwarf. The offspring of a half-dwarf and a dwarf is a true dwarf. (In other words, half-dwarves favor their dwarven parent.) They look just like dwarves, except a little taller on average, and have all the abilities and restrictions of dwarves. It is for these reasons that some dwarves believe the best way to restore the race is to breed with much more fertile human females.

b) The D'Tarig are a unique race with human and dwarven ancestry and basically human abilities. They are not "half-dwarves." It is unspecified what the offspring of a D'Tarig and human would be, but I would speculate the child would be essentially human. It is unspecified what the offspring of a D'Tarig and a dwarf or half-dwarf would be, but I would speculate the child would be a half-dwarf as defined previously.

c) The derro are a unique race with human and dwarven ancestry and there own unique abilities. They are not "half-dwarves." It is unspecified what the offspring of a derro and a human would be, but I would speculate any offspring would favor the derro side, and breed true like a derro. It is unspecified what the offspring of a derro and dwarf or half-dwarf would be, but I would speculate that any offspring would favor the dwarf side, and breed true like a dwarf. Regardless, the issue is probably moot, because derro may well be infertile with both dwarves and humans so warped are they by the process of the race's creation. If an offspring were to be produced, they would probably be killed immediately by any of the above-mentioned races.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
Gnomlings are gnome/halfling crossbreeds in the Hackmaster game.

Gully Dwarves are tinker gnome/dwarf crossbreeds in dragon lance.

Forgotten Realms as a half drow.

Blaque

First Post
Eberron has a few half-races unique to that setting.

Changing - Half-Doppleganger
Shifter - Half-Lycanthrope
Kalashtar - Sorta half-Quori
Daekyr Half-Breed - Half-Daelkyr (duh)

Also about that comes to mind in other books:
Half-Giant - A psionic race originally in Dark Sun I think, in the XPH.
Half-Ogre - In Races of Destiny I think.

And stuff.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads