• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halfling Domain Powers

Queranil

First Post
I recently started playing Pathfinder and converted our ongoing Forgotten Realms Campaign. My character is a Halfling Cleric of Brandobaris (god of rogues) and could take the Halfling Domain. You guys have any ideas for granted powers, especially the one you get at level 6 or 8?

Set

First Post
I recently started playing Pathfinder and converted our ongoing Forgotten Realms Campaign. My character is a Halfling Cleric of Brandobaris (god of rogues) and could take the Halfling Domain. You guys have any ideas for granted powers, especially the one you get at level 6 or 8?

The only 3.5 Halfling racial trait that didn't get carried over was the bonus to slings and thrown weapons, so you could base an ability off of that, giving the halfling domain the ability to use full BAB with thrown weapon or sling attacks at 4th or 6th level (and / or to load a sling as a free action or something). Heck, that might even make a suitable 1st level Domain power, since the cleric with a BAB +0 at that level would still benefit from it, at least a little bit.

The 3.5 halfling domain power could be tweaked to 3+Wis modifier uses / day +4 to a single Acrobatics, Jump or Stealth check as an immediate action, but that's not really terribly sexy as a Domain power.

Other options might include some sort of hide in plain sight ability, only usable X times / day, as halflings, even those not worshipping Brandobaris, tend to be associated with stealth (and in 1st edition, had a special hide talent, IIRC).

Or you could build off of the Halfling luck quality, and 1 +Wis / day roll two dice on a single saving throw and choose the best roll, as an 8th level power. (You'd have to declare use of the power before rolling the save, obviously.)

Last edited:

Remove ads