• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halfling names

Berk

First Post
Looking for a good halfling name for my new character for tomorrow. My brain is so dead atm, been a freaky creepy saturday. Anyways, if ya'll can come up with some neat halfthing names would be sweet. =o)

Terraism

Explorer
Just stealing a few from the Hero Builder's Guidebook...

Alton, Astin, Barthony, Bertik, Bree, Chandry, Crowley, Dee, Dekker, Dobb, Eldren, Fenton, Hesselwhite, Jaq, Jenkin, Kelsoe, Kemble, Ketta, Lollard, Ludwedge, Lyly, Lynwerd, Marlow, Nashe, Orlane, Pence, Quettery, Quinn, Reswald, Syler, Talbot, Tarby, Taum, Tavi, Tella, Thorne, Tibbs, Tilbury, Tillyard, Tish, Tuck, Tyldan, Valens, Warwyck, Wim.

garyh

First Post
Check out ENWorld member Maraxle's name generator. It has random names for all sorts of things, from different PC races, to taverns, magic items, spells, and mercenary companies. Highly recommended!!

Jeph

Explorer
Pretend your a frenchmen with an I! of 80 that grew up in england, and it will be much easier.

Seriously, though, all the Halfling names seem to be baroque english-french hybrids, spelled wrong.

Jeph

Explorer
Aldymnor said:
(adjective) (body part)
(adjective) (animal)
(animal) (body part)

:D Works for me.

Stupendous Fibula?
Antirevolutionary Spotted Warbler?
African Ant Forehead?

I don't get it . . .:confused:

Geoffrey

First Post
I seem to remember that J. R. R. Tolkien wrote that he wished he would have given all the Hobbits/Halflings middle-class English names. Consequently, the best source for Halfling names are Charles Dickens novels.

Example: Theodore Scommins

Last edited:

Berk

First Post
Thanks for all the help everyone. =o) Now to narrow down all the different names. Think I'm gonna go with what one of my friends suggested, Ottis Hillstomper. =o) Suits the char a bit since he is also a half-dragon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads