• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Halfling Sling Master / Skirmisher build vs Spell-less ranger

Greenfeuer

Explorer
Hey there people! I am in need of som guidance, dearly :)

I am trying to build a ranger without spells but I like to focus on slings, and my character is a halfling :) - Preferably without the "animal companionship" and wild empathy.

There are two ways of doing this either going with spell-less ranger or a mixture of Halfling Sling Master and skirmisher.

Halfling Sling Master will however get Spellcraft replaced by knowlegde necromancy/Religion and enhancted bullet with bonus feat on the allowance of my GM. So the question is, which build is most viable?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/skirmisher

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd...rcher/halfling-sling-master#TOC-Precision-Ex-

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd...open-design/spell-less-ranger#TOC-Evasion-Ex-

We move around alot and we play in the Warhammer setting, so a favored terrain can be hard to stick by.

The Halfling Sling Master is a VERY good match since this character I am playing is being converted from the Warhammer Second Edition. However I want to know if its a bad or good choice I made if I go with that :)

Stats: I am chooseing a slighty higher charisma do to my characters charismatic personality, aswell that when we roll "luck" its usally CHA we use. My character is "very lucky" or has it as a phrase due to lucky rolls, and surviving insane stuff.

STR: 13
DEX: 18
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 12
Cha: 14

Feats:

Fortunated One, Lucky Strike, Quick Draw, Bonus feat: Point Blank.

Weapons: Short sword "+ 1 dps and to hit", Sling, Sling Staff, Halfling.

Armor: Buckler, Mithril shirt.

I may upgrade one weapon or armor to have a + 1 value. On the allowance of my GM. I think it will be either a sling or Sling Staff, Halfling or my armor.

My characters favored enemy will be undeads. If I had to choose a second it would be orcs or trollkin.

Azgulor

Adventurer
I don't spend a lot of time comparing for optimization, but given the Warhammer conversion origin and expressed intent, I'd go Halflings Sling Master + Spell-less ranger. Skirmisher is good, but I think SL Ranger will meld better with HSM, especially with respect to stealth.

Greenfeuer

Explorer
Not sure you can combine spell-less ranger with the halflibg sling master. Like Trapper og Skirmisher who only remove the magic part.

Unless Sl-ranger is somthing else.

This is not multi classing but giveing the halfling sling master the choice to remove magic and get trappper og skirmisher benefits ;)

Greenfeuer

Explorer
Its simply a reskin sorta allowed by my gm to treat HSM as a ranger for reskin purpose so magic could be replaced with other abilities :)

Remove ads