• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halfling Staff Wizard . . . impossible?

fissionessence

First Post
So I just went to make a new character. Actually not a halfling staff wizard, but a goblin witch doctor. Either way, though, I went to find a staff for my small character to use and there isn't one :( I could use a spear which is essentially the same, except that it's a spear and not a staff.

~

Dalzig

First Post
You can use a staff, you just can't use a quarterstaff (therefore, a staff) as a weapon. You can still use it as an implement.

Wolf88

First Post
Which is kind of dumb if you think about it... my halfling carries a staff but is forbidden to whack things with it if he wants?

Danceofmasks

First Post
Which is kind of dumb if you think about it... my halfling carries a staff but is forbidden to whack things with it if he wants?

That's right ... and it gets even sillier, 'cos a halfling can use that staff implement in one hand, so uses staff+orb at the same time.

Danceofmasks

First Post
Well, I for one expected to see a smaller staff class weapon in AV ... was sorta disappointed it didn't turn up, considering this staff issue was contentious quite early on.

cmbarona

First Post
I'm particularly baffled by the textbox on AV page 10. It clearly references a "small" property which NO WEAPONS HAVE. I like that 4e gives small characters a nice upgrade for one-handed weapons, but as far as 2-handed weapons go, they really got the short end of the stick.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I'm particularly baffled by the textbox on AV page 10. It clearly references a "small" property which NO WEAPONS HAVE. I like that 4e gives small characters a nice upgrade for one-handed weapons, but as far as 2-handed weapons go, they really got the short end of the stick.

The shortbow in the Player's Handbook has it. As far as I know, that's the only weapon in 4e that has the property at this point.

Drakhar

First Post

They don't even get that part of the stick which is the problem.

Remove ads