• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halfling Staff Wizard . . . impossible?

fissionessence

First Post
Thanks for all the replies. I, too, hope for a small staff some time soon, especially since the spear is so close.

now this is less silly! how much damage would it do?

As an improvised weapon, a staff would do 1d4 damage and have no proficiency bonus.

~

Gruns

Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. I, too, hope for a small staff some time soon, especially since the spear is so close.

As an improvised weapon, a staff would do 1d4 damage and have no proficiency bonus.

~

Or if used two handed, it's 1d8 damage. And still no Proficiency Bonus, which isn't really TOO bad if you think about it. This is the same as a Quarterstaff for a Medium Sized PC, but you're just missing out on +2 to attack, but really, how often is your Wizard meleeing?

Later!
Gruns

scarik

First Post
I have an even better houserule than making smaller damage staves for halflings and other small creatures.

I ignore the weapon restrictions entirely.

Done.

The benefits of being small are an exceedingly short (ha!) list.

You can move through a Large creature's space... woo. :erm:

If you aren't a Rogue (who suffers none of the weapon wankery anyway) then that also means the monster can just walk over you. Not fun when you're a defender.

Remove ads