• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halfling's Second Chance - Errata?

Nothing major, but the halfling's second chance racial power is missing a trigger entry. It's obvious from the effect what the trigger should be, i.e., when you are hit by an attack, but I'm curious if there is some legitimate reason it might not be there. It's not in the official updates, which surprised me.

DracoSuave

First Post
I can't remember or not, but it might be because it's a free action. If that's the case, free actions don't have a Trigger: step, only immediates do.

Tale

First Post
They don't require a seperate trigger entry. They only require that the trigger be stated somewhere. Sometimes this is a trigger entry.

Kordeth

First Post
I can't remember or not, but it might be because it's a free action. If that's the case, free actions don't have a Trigger: step, only immediates do.

Nope, it's an immediate interrupt. Probably just a case of the power being written before the formal callout of a trigger was added to the format for powers.

DracoSuave

First Post
Nope, it's an immediate interrupt. Probably just a case of the power being written before the formal callout of a trigger was added to the format for powers.

Yeah, didn't have the book on me. But yeah, it's got a stated trigger in the text itself, so it's all good.

legiondevil

First Post
I've seen so many halflings dodge into the end of my minotaur's big hammer. It cracks me up every time. :)
-blarg

Humorously enough...the last session I ran involved the halfling calling for a reroll...and then dodging directly into a crit from a vicious fullblade.

I chuckled, everyone else at the table winced.

Legildur

First Post
Humorously enough...the last session I ran involved the halfling calling for a reroll...and then dodging directly into a crit from a vicious fullblade.
I keep waiting for that to happen to my Rogue.

I tend to use the ability immediately the opportunity arises rather than trying to save it (i.e. first hit in the encounter). I do this because you can never be sure when the chance will next come up in the encounter; using it against a minion (typically your earlier opponents in an encounter) increases the likelihood that it will provide some benefit (ie that they will miss), and a bad result on a reroll (the crit) won't be as drastic as with an opponent who is more substantial.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads