D&D 4E Halivar's 4E auto-calculating character sheet v.2.03 (OpenOffice, Excel & blank PDF)

So here is my contribution.

If you change the first Misc box in the fort, reflex, and will defenses to race you could add these lines to that cell.

Fort- =IF(B12="Human",1,0)
Reflex- =IF(B12="Human",1,0)
Will- =IF(OR(B12="Human",B12="Eladrin"),1,0)

This will autocalculate the effect of race on defenses.

If you add these lines to the Class box for each defense you can autocalculate for each classes effect on defenses.

Fort- =IF(AO9="Fighter",2,IF(NOT(OR(AO9="Cleric",AO9="Warlock",AO9="Wizard")),1,0))
Reflex- =IF(AO9="Rogue",2,IF(NOT(OR(AO9="Fighter",AO9="Cleric",AO9="Warlord", AO9="Wizard")),1,0))

Will- =IF(OR(AO9="Wizard",AO9="Cleric"),2,IF(NOT(OR(AO9="Fighter",AO9="Rogue",AO9="Ranger")),1,0))

These will just calculate for you if you enter your race and class in the appropriate boxes. I have attached a mod of your excel sheet to test if you like.

Attachments

• Halivar's 4e char sheet 1.5.xls
    100 KB · Views: 171

Halivar

First Post
Class defense adjustments will be handled by drop-down selectors, which reference named tables on a data sheet. For races... I haven't decided what to do, yet. That much I may have the user enter, simply because I cannot anticipate every race a player may want to play from the MM.

Darkthorne

First Post
Racial Pulldown

Halivar,
I created something for the whole racial pulldown bit. If you like I could email to you (no clue how to do it otherwise)

I have also created a racial pulldown menu and a class pulldown menu. Both will autocalculate defense boni and HP stuff, and the race pulldown menu adds the racial features into the blanks in the racial features box. It also adds in the dwarf and dragonborn HP/Healing Surge stuff to the right fields, adds languages known, speed, and vision. Just figured that all the things that were the result of choices and not actual choices should be filled in automatically. Choices from a limited set should be given in pulldown menus.

Attachments

• PrecociousApprentice's Mod Character Sheet.xls
    106.5 KB · Views: 229

BartD

First Post
Overall, I think this look like a very nice sheet, I like the layout.
There is of course still a lot of work to do and I would like to join. I have done some calculating sheets previously (I think my Earthdawn sheet had everything covered; it was a much smaller game than 4e will quickly become). But it has been a while and an earlier version of Excel.

Now I wonder where the text for the drop-down boxes is hidden and how do you make them "text-level" rather than "graphics-level"? There seems to be something I have missed!

Saben

First Post
I was playing around with the idea of auto-updating power cards.

Sheet 2 and Sheet 3 now accomplish this.

Input the Power Template into Sheet 2, it will then take your stats and automatically generate an accurate version of the power in Sheet 3.

I made a minor adjustment to the Weapon Damage cells. I had to break it up so that you can calculate things like 2[W].

Attachments

• Saben Power Sheet 1.1.xls
    114.5 KB · Views: 190

Halivar

First Post
Fantastic, PrecociousApprentice! Can I steal this?

PS: Saben, stop reading my mind! I plan on doing something a lot like this, but with drop-downs. Also, on your front sheet, you will be able to list under "basic attacks" any weapons or at-wills you may have (selectable in a drop-down).

Last edited:

Saben

First Post
I was considering doing a drop down of powers. But I figure each class has close to 100 Powers. I really wouldn't want to program each and every power into it.

That'd be a good eventual goal, but in the meantime having to write the power specifics once and have it relevant as you level up is a happy compromise.

Remove ads