• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halloween adventure

Puppy Kicker

First Post
I'm building a Halloween adventure for my players, and I was hoping to get some ideas from the community. There's a big amusement park near here that has an annual Halloween theme that just got me all inventive, so from that I've started writing this thing. I'm looking for any advice I can get!

d20 MODERN

Halloween Spook-tacular!

A series of strange events at a major theme park goes unnoticed by most parkgoers, they go along perfectly with the park’s Halloween Spook-tacular theme. But what’s really causing these events, and what does it have to do with a decades old murder and a potential massacre?
Any large theme park will work for this scenario.

LEVELS
Halloween Spook-tacular is a medium to high-FX adventure designed for four to six 2nd level characters. With slight modifications, you can make it suitable for heroes of any level.
You, the Gamemaster, need a copy of the d20 MODERN Roleplaying Game to run this adventure. To get started, print out the adventure and read through it thoroughly. Familiarize yourself with the basic situation and characters.
The text that appears in shaded boxes should be read aloud or paraphrased for the players.

CAMPAIGN MODELS
There are theme parks all over the country, choose one and run with it. Your campaign setting needs to allow for hauntings and exorcisms, and your players need to be mature enough to handle a disturbing premise.

BACKGROUND
Edgar Johnston started working as a janitor for the CrazyWorld Amusement park when it first opened in 1975. A year later he murdered his first child at the park’s annual Halloween festival. In 1978 he was brought to trial and convicted of the deaths of thirteen children, all murdered during the Halloween festival during that three year period.
Edgar’s two sons, Adam and Michael, had been forced to watch some of their father’s horrible acts. Although traumatized they both grew up to lead fairly normal lives. Adam Johnston is a social worker in a nearby city. Michael Johnston is an ordained preacher. In 2006, at the advice of his therapist, Adam returned to CrazyWorld for the first time to bring closure to his childhood trauma.
The presence of the Edgar Johnston bloodline awakened the spiritual vengeance of the children he had killed. Slowly, the energy of these spirits began to build, seeking vengeance. In the meantime, Adam and Michael have been feeling an undeniable pull, pulling them back to the CrazyWorld amusement park on the night of the Halloween Spook-tacular.

SYNOPSIS
The heroes must first investigate the cause of the haunting, which will lead them to Adam and Michael Johnston. They may choose to work with the brothers, or they may suspect the brothers of causing the events. Either way, they will end up at CrazyWorld on Halloween night. The heroes must locate and stop the ghosts of the thirteen slain children before they slay countless children at the park’s festival. This can be done by an exorcism ritual or the death of Adam and Michael Johnston.

CHARACTER HOOKS
As GM you probably know best how to involve your players in the adventure. Some ideas:
• Department-7 has learned of the odd events at CrazyWorld and sends the agents to investigate.
• One of the heroes is a friend of Adam or Michael Johnston and is concerned about the unusual way their friend has been behaving as Halloween approaches.
• One of the heroes is at the CrazyWorld for fun and experience s the ghostly happenings first-hand.

BEGINNING THE ADVENTURE
The adventure begins on October 28th, when Adam Johnston first visits CrazyWorld Amusement Park. The spirits of the thirteen children awaken and their combined ghostly rage begins to affect the park in odd ways.

Remove ads