• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Halloween] How many Tick Or Treaters?

Katcracker

First Post
What to do if you don't have neigborhoods?

My area has a program that the kids head to the local school and go in huge carpool groups from there to the differing buildings. Since my area is mostly high rises and in general not easy to tell in an apt building who wants to pass out candy and who does not it seems to be a really good system.

We had quite a few packs go through our lobby- that's how far they are allowed into the buildings.

My job does a similar program during the day, and for the same reasons.

In our old apartment community, they hosted a Halloween party in the club house.

Though - back in my day in South Dakota - I LOVED going through apartment buildings... the most candy on a per block basis hands down!

Wombat

First Post
We had about 55-60 here.

There was a great scam -- a mom going around with her very-much-babe-in-arms dressed as a way-too-cute-for-words ladybug... Okay, mom got the candy, but the cute factor was worth it ;)

We had two folks show up without costumes -- we hit the with the song "No Costume, No Candy!" They were annoyed :lol:

And we have a lovely little princess who was having technical difficulties with her crown, but handled it with such grace and aplomb that we awarded her extra candy.

Good costumes this year, kids!

Katcracker

First Post
devilbat said:
What are the parents of children under the age of one, doing collecting candy for them?
One of my co-workers has twin six month old boys. They had cut little pumpkin hats and orange outfits on. he and his wife went around their neighborhood showing off the kids more then getting candy, but that's not to say if he say a type of candy he liked he was not beyond asking for some slyly :p

I don't think the scenes you are describing are cool though devilbat. The guy who didn't even bring the kid up I'm not even sure what I would have done. but definitely seems odd.

The babies are the cutest in a large part because they don't have a choice :p but at least let me see them, since I know the candies not for them anyways. I'd rather get rid of all the excess chocolate!

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
TICK or treat? Ewwww.....

sorry...ahem... I had none. I suck. I was so busy last week on my "vacation" I forgot to buy any candy, so I just shut the lights off and ran silent all evening. I normally love Halloween, but just bloody forgot it this year.

drothgery

First Post
I've had one in four years at my apartment (though a third-floor place with no elevator probably doesn't attract kids). None in my first year hear (when I'd bought some candy); one the next year (which led to an apolegitc drothgery explaining that since no one showed up last year, I didn't buy anything this year); and nobody last year or yesterday (I've been buying a small package of full-size candy bars that I like, so if someone shows up, I've got something; otherwise, I'll eat it myself).

Dingleberry

First Post
I'd estimate 80-90. Definitely down from prior years, probably due to the sporadic rain. Anyone with a wet costume got extra at our house.

Remove ads