• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halloween: Love it or hate it?

What's your opinion on Halloween?

• Love it!

Votes: 186 63.7%
  • Hate it?

Votes: 35 12.0%
  • I think I'll sit on the fence.

Votes: 71 24.3%

devilbat

First Post
I'm sitting onthe fence on this one. Mainly due toi the weather. If it's nice out, like this year, I have a blast taking the kids out. But we've had our share of brutally cold or blizzard like conditions on Halloween, and I really hate those ones.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
The very idea when I was a kid of a holiday in which I get rewarded for dressing up and acting like an idiot was golden...I still feel that way today!

Captain Needles

First Post
I live one town over from Salem, Mass...and truthfully, Halloween is bigger than Christmas around here. Salem is just filled with thousands of people clogging the streets in some pretty cool costumes. All my friends plan their costumes months ahead of time, and most are hand-made. The result is that we get stopped constantly while downtown and asked to take pictures with people. That and my annual party the Saturday before Halloween is slowly growing infamous...next year I may have to rent a hall.

Katcracker

First Post
I'm on the fence... there are some things that make holloween really cool, but personally lots of things that also make me dislike it as soon as the stores put the stuff up. I also don't think there is a love or hate anywhere in my thoughts about halloween.

Wombat

First Post
In the words of my niece, "I love Hallowe'en! It's the one day of the year I can dress up as me!" :cool:

As a kid in the 60s and early 70s, I loved it. In the latter 70s there was The Slump. Then in the 80s (and subsequently) I found Hallowe'en again ... along with many of my generation. ;) Now I get out my Bauhaus, my Siouxsie & the Banshees, my Bach, my Rasputina and other such appropriate holiday music, hand out candy to kids on The Night, but on the weekend before I get together with a large collection of friends and family and celebrate the joy of life, the wonders of those who have passed on, and just how cool it is to read an Edgar Allen Poe story on a crisp autumnal evening.

Yeah, Hallowe'en is great.

StupidSmurf

First Post
Captain Needles said:
I live one town over from Salem, Mass...and truthfully, Halloween is bigger than Christmas around here. Salem is just filled with thousands of people clogging the streets in some pretty cool costumes. All my friends plan their costumes months ahead of time, and most are hand-made. The result is that we get stopped constantly while downtown and asked to take pictures with people. That and my annual party the Saturday before Halloween is slowly growing infamous...next year I may have to rent a hall.

Hey Cap'n, I have a slightly off-topic question for ya, since you live so close to Salem. My wife and I love going to Salem at least several times a year, and we've been catching this vibe that the city is trying to distance itself from the more spookier aspects, something about it becoming more of a touchy feely PC place. Any word on that?

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I love Halloween... though, now, it really makes me want kids. =D
My fiancee and I were talking about that last night. The few trick or treater's that I saw in our area made me want to be a dad all the more. However, our neighborhood is horrible for Halloween. A bunch of old folks that are either retired or with teenage to college-age kids, so no one but us keeps a light on. Needless to say we don't get too many visitors on Halloween. :( We would have to move (fine by me) to really have any fun on Halloween with our own kids (when/if we have any).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads