Halls of Undermountain - What is known?

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
In the latest design & development the author describes it at as a boxed set with "monster and object tokens, player hand outs, and miniatures!". I'm guessing I'm the only person who actually read that through to the end :p.

Alas, it was GOING TO BE a boxed set. But if you read the last line of the article, you will see that complications arose. Hopefully Matt Sernett's follow-up article will be up soon to finish the story.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Has anyone got it yet? Is it any good? I loved the original 2e boxed set and the sequel but passed on the 3.5 Expedition to book.

Cheers

Rich

Zaran

Adventurer
Weird, could have sworn I saw Matt tweet that it wasn't. Will take your word over my memory though. Thanks for clearing it up.

Just glancing through the module I got the impression that it was designed to work just fine with 5e. While there might be encounters created (I honestly don't remember) I do remember that there are rooms that say that what kind of monsters are there but don't have them statted out. There is one room with a level 12 basilisk which really has no place in a module for levels 1-5. It implies that the PCs should flee this encounter but I can actually see a level 12 basilisk becoming a solo encounter in 5e quite easily. It's very possible that this book will be 5e friendly.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
If you have any other undermountain items, this is like those. It has three adventures, and a big map and other stuff you would expect. If you like previous versions, you will like this one.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Remove ads